Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:31:17 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman Trials: Jon Trent
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Watchman Trials: Jon Trent  (Read 7150 times)
Jon Trent
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 09:41:33 pm »

TASK 1 - Orc Fort Raid.

Attended by:

JT - Jon Trent, Watchman. (led)
Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant.
Kelly, Corporal.
Cor'Vani, Guardsman Recruit.
Alfred, Guardsman Recruit.
Justice, Guardsman Recruit.

Siegfried, Templar Seneschal.

For my final combat mission I was to locate and attack an orc stronghold outside of Cove to assess any difference in tactics, numbers and strength to our local orcs.

A Templar was to join us to oversee the orc cleansing and destroy any tainted orc artifacts that may be recovered.

Our destination was south Yew, orc valley and with the help of recruit Cor'Vani who opened up a portal we made our way there. The valley was crawling with orcs as well as ettins and harpies too. Many of the orcs carried axes and seemed to be gathering lumber while orc shamen and lesser orc warriors kept watch.

We gave battle to them as we made our way through the valley, their mindless tactics no different to their kin in Cove. We eventually came across a road and with our packs already half full we quick timed it south by west along the road until we reached the outskirts of the orc stronghold.

We made our way cautiously through the forest, advancing upon the fort and were met with stiff opposition but we battled our way to the fort gates which were sealed until Sergeant Hoagie and myself chopped a passage through.

Once inside the fort it was a slaughter as we slew every orc in sight. This particular tribe didn't boast a war boss like their cousins in Cove but they seemed to have greater intelligence. Not only did the bar the fort gates upon our approach they had a firing platform on the fort walls from which they hurled missiles as well as civilised sleeping quarters, a forge and crafting area as well as a war machine!

I gave orders to burn the catapult and overturn the forge before we had to withstand a counterattack from the regrouped remnants of the fort. With the stronghold now decimated we made our way back to Cove thanks to a portal from Justice.

We gathered over 10,000 coins in loot so as we hadn't recovered any orc artifacts as such I tithed 5,000 to the Church via the Templar Seneschal and gave the remaining guardsmen 1,000 each for their efforts.

I hope this information along with that from the swamp, jungle and desert missions is off use Corporal Sanderson along with the experience gained from fighting in such areas.

JT - Jon Trent, Watchman.

Jon Trent
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 02:08:40 pm »

Attended by

JT - Jon Trent, Watchman. (leading)
Hoagie, Sergeant.
Eve, Grenadier Corporal.
Jenny D'griff, Guardsman Recruit.
Darren Wolfe, Guardsman Recruit.

Onlookers

Gregor Eason, Senior Guardsman.
Justice, Guardsman Recruit
Rodrik, Commoner.

For the final task of my trials I had to lead a training session and with some new recruits around I thought now was the time to do it. I started with a kit inspection. Halberds, light sources, bedrolls and bandages were checked with some exercise handed out to those who failed the test.

Next i questioned the group on battle orders as well as fully explaining them for the benefit of the new recruits. The orders were understood and followed well.

I then asked everyone to delve into their packs again to check their survival kit and rations. It turned out that few of the guardsmen present carried basic tools such as a saw or scissors let alone a skillet. One of the recruits didn't even have any rations unlike Sergeant Hoagie who was well stocked with pies.

To finish the training session we had a free for all. Corporal Eve had to leave so the rest of us battling it out. The two recruits were knocked down early leaving Sergeant Hoagie and myself to battle it out. The duel lasted longer than I expected and I almost got the better of Hoagie but he eventually knocked me off my feet.

My thanks to everyone who attended, especially the new recruits, who i hope learnt a thing or two.

JT - Jon Trent, Watchman.

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 05:59:53 pm »

Trial Completed!

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length