Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 06:40:44 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Obtain a part for the Northern Lighthouse (Part 1)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Obtain a part for the Northern Lighthouse (Part 1)  (Read 1839 times)
Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2008, 01:06:58 pm »

Obtain a part for the Northern Lighthouse (Part 1).

Guardsmen in attendance:~

~ Varthug, Recruit
~ Marcus Tel'var, Junior
~ Hoagie Grayner, Sergeant
~ Raiden Morana, Captain

~ Eve, Grenadier Corporal (Leading)

What began as a ordinary expedition later transformed into a near disaster.  On the beautiful spring morne we headed to Minoc which was mostly non-eventful.  But before we headed westward from Minoc (to seek out the passageway that would take us to the lost lands), we were approached by the Baron of Vesper.  Remarkably he was unattended, but I suspect that there were guardsmen nearby.  He demanded to know of our business in Minoc (He actually used the words 'North Vesper').  With the mission ahead of us, I decided that we would not stay to debate the issue, so instead, using as few words as possible to get across absolutely no information pertaining to our mission, we left him there baffled.

Once we found ourselves in the dense forest of the lost lands, we set out in haste for the shoreline.  It was intended that we reach the small frigate (arranged with the aid of the civilians of Papua) by nightfall, but the following circumstances did not allow that to happen...

The inhabitants of the forest were of no threat, but it was the denseness of the forest, that led to the group becoming separated from Varthrug and myself.  No amount of calling out or back-tracking would allow us to find them.  With the mission yet still ahead we had but one choice...we chose to go on.

We did reach the shoreline by nightfall, but no frigate awaited us there.  It was later that I discovered that the ship had been brought down by some fearsome deep sea dweller!  We were forced, therefore, to journey into Papua, and it was there that we had the good fortune to be re-united with the Sergeant, who explained that... with great effort he had managed to dislodge himself from a sinking bog.! 

The terrain altered as we headed north out of Papua, and the dense trees became barren mountains and sand dunes.   With the hot sun beating down upon our armour, it became difficult to bare.  Our energy levels began to waver with the persistent attacks from wyverns, imps and stone gargoyles.  Our supplies were largely diminished.  Having realised for some time that we were lost, I gave the reluctant order for Varthrug to muster his remaining energy to create a portal that would take us to safety.

At first I thought it had snowed in Cove!  But then I realised in Varthrug’s tiredness his portal had brought us to an unknown location which was likened to a snowy wonderland surrounded by mountains of impressive height.  Upon realising his mistake, he went on to create a second portal that did indeed take us back to Cove!

*signed*
Eve, Grenadier Corporal
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 12:57:24 pm »

A fantastic adventure as always Eve.

Can't wait fer the next part... *shifty eyes*

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length