Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:34:00 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Report] Themed Fight Night
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Report] Themed Fight Night  (Read 2543 times)
Mr Bloodaxe
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2008, 11:36:05 pm »

Held by:
Ludwik Bloodaxe, Watchman (The Butcher)

Attended by:
Demarian Tel'var, Senior Guardsman (The Shepherd) (Left part way through)
Takeamada, Junior Guardsman (The Ranger)
Marcus Kobra, Watchman (The Miner)
Go-Hei, Guardsman Recruit (The Lumberjack)

Report:

Before this event I needed to insure that I had prepared! The idea was to select a variety of jobs that there are, for instance lumberjack, then design an outfit which the participants would use to fight in! As I am not very good with the likes of tailoring I ask my brother for a favour! After throwing a few ideas around with him we came up with enough ideas to be able to have enough for each class of warrior, hoping that they were not all swordsmen!

He took a while to put them all together but he returned with a massive box with individually packaged outfits! It was excellently prepared!

The idea of this event was firstly to have a bit of fun, secondly to gain skills, everyone is used to fighting with weapons they have had for a while, with armour, but sometimes the situation is different and you must fight with whatever you can get your hands on! It was also a bit of a warm up for the training with Vesper which happened later in the evening!

Unfortunately the turnout was not as good as I had hoped, it seemed that a meeting had dented the numbers but we carried on regardless and the attendees I think had a good time. The begin with I asked everyone the line up and hold out their preferred weapon. This was to insure I could make them choose an outfit from the correct set. We had two swordsmen, one macer and one archer so I easily had enough outfits for everyone! In turn I asked people to pick from the numbers one, two and three, except when a box was eliminated. This determined what they were going to be for the next thirty minutes or so! Everyone got changed and the fun began!

To warm up it was a good old free for all! It seems everyone took a while to get a grasp of their new weapons but eventually it was the Shepherd who managed to come out on top! After everyone picked themselves up and dusted themselves off the Shepherd said he wanted to take them all on, which he did with style, knocking them all out! At which point he had to leave!

There was a few rounds of duelling action, with the Lumberjack seemingly coming out on top so I decided with such low numbers I should take part myself, I had the last swords available which was the Butcher! Managing to knock over Mr Lumberjack I was satisfied that it was time for some more teamwork. Healing was proving a problem as without armour, the hits hurt a bit so it was important to concentrate, hopefully this got through to the participants!

There was a few more rounds before I thought it was time to return to normal uniform and finish off with one last free for all! This was won by Junior Guardsman Takeamada. I then gave a short speech about the importance of being prepared for any situation before I dismissed everyone so that they could rest up before the joint training.

Hopefully this was enjoyable and something that can return in the future! I would like suggestions for improvements, perhaps new types I could add! Please add a note to this report if you can think of something!

*Signed*
The Butcher Ludwik Bloodaxe, Watchman

[OOC]As you can see I was a little starved of ideas so please do give me some ideas as it would be nice to have it again some point in a month or two with an improved look and more people![/OOC]

Ludwik Bloodaxe, Junior Guardsman
Fredrik Bloodaxe, Citizen
Demarian Tel'var
Regular Guardsmen
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 11:45:22 pm »

Good work, Watchman keep it up and we'll see you with the Barons famed cap soon!

Also, farmer's are peasent milita! What Cove once was, a rabble of farm hands butchers and even the old house wife with her rolling pin!

Anyhow, enough rabblings of a Veteran!
Keep up the good work!

*Signed*
Senior Guardsmen Tel'var

[OOC:Was a good idea, though 7pm usually a quiet tim bOC seems to be active on Sunday's between 7.45pm-10pm (UK time), not a dry idea and was a good one, an idea for you expand it into a peasent champions tournament, winner gets a carrot or something.]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 11:44:27 am by Demarian Tel'var » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 06:55:31 am »

A well thought out event "Watchman".

Unfortunately Sergeant Hoagie and myself were detained by matters of state... That'll be another war then... *shifty eyes*

*eyes Demarian's note*

Footman!? Footman!? What infidel speak is this!!!

Well done Bloodaxe and those who attended.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Demarian Tel'var
Regular Guardsmen
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 11:44:54 am »

*Whistles as he edits his note*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length