Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 10:54:19 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  My Training
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My Training  (Read 2552 times)
Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2008, 11:08:18 pm »

As some of you know I've been training myself alone in the wilderness for quite some time which means I haven't been as active around Cove as I usually am. To prove that I am training I shall post these short reports of my work on select days.

Training Log
Day 13: 14/7/08

Today I found myself setting out from my farm to the swamp in hopes to further hone my skills.
I attempted to pass by the swamp numerous times but I was drawn back by various swamp creatures. It was a perfect opportunity to train my healing while under pressure by multitudes of attacking enemies. I fought hard but had to retreat when I was confronted and overpowered by a plaque beast lord. Defeated, I snuck past the swamp on the far side. It was a sad defeat but a good learning experience.

After the swamp ordeal I took a rest outside Dalamar's house. Kudos to him for the comfy bench!

Once I brought myself around to get up I headed down a quiet path into unknown territory. It was quiet and peaceful. Birds chirping, cows mooing. And then I saw a small bamboo structure that looked to be a tribal outpost but there were no savages around Cove!

I checked it out and found piles of clothing on hammock like beds along with a rack of raw ribs. There were plenty of weapons there too. I found a cutlass, a mace, a staff, a spear and some arrows! I would have liked to take it back to Cove to be turned into ingots  but it was too much to carry the long way home. I would have to return later to this not-so-lonely outpost in the middle of no-where.

Judging by the fresh footprints and rich supply of weapons and clothes this fort may be home to hostile beings. Further information will be reported as I obtain it.

*Signed and Marked With Mud*
Delferium, Watchman

(OOC: This is pretty much just a log I will keep of my training to keep track of what I've done and on what days. It also serves as a way to keep up my reporting and encourage me to keep working on my character while adding to the roleplay experience. This info can be used in-game)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 06:13:37 pm by Delfer » Logged

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 07:03:00 am »

Har! Good to see a Watchman keeping busy.

Try and drag some o' the lazy buggers along with ye too if ye can.

Good report.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 07:10:50 pm »

Training Log
Day 19: 20/7/08

After boarding up my roof I got off the ladder only to see my crops worsening... It's been too long I've been silent about my field's condition, I must tell someone about this case. It's been taking up far too much of my time.

I finally went to check back on that tribal fort I had previously deemed a threat. It certainly isn't a threat anymore because when I got there it was on fire. I saw no reason to put it out so I watched it burn a little and moved along the path further South.

I found myself in a little town which turned out to be East Britain. That turned me off so I went North-West and came across a Brittanian Guard Battlement. There were two guards there that didn't look very intelligent so I knocked them out swiftly and snuck inside the building.

The Sketches for this segment are currently being processed by myself. These are important documents and I don't want to forget a detail!

There were three stories to the building. The first was a seemingly social room with table and a fireplace etc.. The roof looked as if it were for military meeting with decoratives and some functional cannons. The basement held a few small cells and there military locker room. I also dyes a stack of cloth their particular shade of blue as I am working on constructing one of their uniforms from scratch. I don't believe it takes a scout to be a spy. I'm perfectly fine at it.

I then moved into the forests to cover my tracks in case they found me out. Once In the wilderness I remember I'd been working on an improved tactical ration kit.(One more advanced than the current one) I tested it out by building a sentry by myself. I started chopping wood with my hatchet and crafting crates with my tool. Then I headed out to hunt animals for hides and found a very fresh supply. I constructed a sentry in a location I purposely chose to challenge myself. It was a narrow sentry for one man, good for keeping an eye on the front lines or key locations with just one or two men.

I'm still working on the practicality of my ration pack. Several factors such as usefulness, weight and supply are very important. The following is an image of my prototype ration pack.

Any suggestions about it's content are welcome

Delferium, Watchman

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 08:44:55 pm »

Training Log:
Day 23: 24/7/08

I was relieved to take down the scaffolding from my home. I have finished the roof's leak and have taken all my tools down, It didn't make me feel any better though. Everyday my field's condition worsened until this point. My crops are now a swamp with hard dirt and rocks jutting out of them. I have no explanation for this at all nor do I have a good solution. Sadly I've come to the conclusion of demolishing the farm... It will be torn down and I shall have the field dug out and covered stone. In it's place I shall build a guard tower to monitor the forest's edge and the road to Altmere. It's a sad decision to make but it must be done..

To get away from it all I decided to head out to the Tokuno Islands for a change. I visited Makoto First and picked up some cultural clothing then headed to the desert to kill something. I found myself bored with the passive creatures there until I came upon an undead spawn in the middle of the desert. I killed a few knights but was pushed back by their lich-like mages.

I went to the next two islands and had no luck. I fought but didn't win.

(Me resting after a few frustrating losses)

I wouldn't call this a successful turn-out but I did learn a lot about healing and different weapons tactical capabilities. 

Delferium, Watchman

*Note* If I didn't make myself clear enough the first time, I meant for anyone reading this to send me a message to my personal inbox with their opinion about my prototype advanced ration pack. If anything you see there is missing or if there's something you don't think is needed please send me a written note/letter.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length