Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:31:20 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [COMPLETE] Watchman Trial: Marcus Kobra
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [COMPLETE] Watchman Trial: Marcus Kobra  (Read 4784 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 04, 2008, 11:15:27 am »

Time for Kobra's trials eh? Grand! With Sergeant Sanderson on leave it's left to me to me to write his trials... Hohoho...

Greetings Watchman Kobra,

Ye have been doin' some sterling work of late, but do ye have what it takes ter be a Junior? Let's find out eh?

Here are yer trials...

Task 1 - Covian Security.

What with the Vanguard attacks and enemies at every turn, not to mention the recent murder we need to step up Covian security and you are just the man to do it.

Lead a series of patrols to the orc fort, graveyard, Altmere outpost, northern swamps and of course Cove town itself to ensure our fair town is free from threat.

Conditions.

*Lead 5 seperate patrols (orc fort, graveyard, Altmere outpost, northern swamps and Cove town).
*At least 2 other guardsmen must accompany you on each patrol.
*Post a full report with drawings of each patrol in this thread.

Task Two - Foraging For Food.

With our stockpiles and fields put to the torch for fear of infection by this damned disease there's guardsmen and civilians alike with empty stomachs.

Lead an expedition to the dungeon Ice. The ratmen that dwell there are notorious for hording food and other beasts that roam the cavern should prove to be a good supply of ribs and meat.

Conditions.

*At least 3 other Guardsmen must accompany you on this mission.
*Bring back as much food and coins as your packs can hold and deliver the food to the healers in town so it may feed the sick and needy.
*Post a full report with drawings of the expedition in this thread.

Task Three - Leading Like A Junior.

As a Junior Guardsman you will be expected to lead many activities and of course pass on your knowledge to the lower ranks coming through. To this end you will lead a training session of your choice to pass on and display what you have learnt during your time in the army so far.

Conditions.

*At least 4 other Guardsmen most attend the training session.
*The session must last for at least 30 minutes and be concluded with a last man standing.
*Post a full report with drawings of the training in this thread.

Good luck Kobra!

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 10:48:38 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 10:10:16 pm »

Aye Sa' I'll get right on it!

*Signed*
Marcus Koba, Watchman, Army of Cove

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 10:06:10 pm »

Security Patrol!

With the recent goings on of Cove. My trials where to include the securty of Cove!
Will do!

Leading:
Marcus Kobra, Watchman

Guardsmen in attendance:
Kas Valentine, Regular
Vince Valentine, Grenadier Sarge
Hoagie, Sargeant
Torrack, Guardsman Recuirt
Delferium, Watchman

I called the men to the barracks and quickly briefed them of my tasks.
To the Orc fort we would go! We arrived at the fort to find a number of brutes and other orcs already slain! Seems a bit of in-fighting has weakend the orcs! Good ideed! WE quickly overwhelmed the few remaining defenders as we pressed deeper into the fort. We cleared the place room by room but found it mostly devoid of life! A good sign indeed! MAy they all rot!

Upon our withdrawl Orcs of every sort came chargin us but they stood little match for the might of Covian heroes! We slew hundreds of orcs! And on they came! Finaly we found their Orc Boss... a big ugly mean loking thing... But we were bigger, meaner, and much more handsome! We felled the ugly and I took the plumage from his hat as my trophy! I will remeber my rise to Junior when I look at his fancy feather duster on my mantle peice! We Force marched back to the Barracks and divvied out the coinage after I gave them men their well deserved Job well done!

We collected 10500 gold and I put 4500 into the Coffers!

A Grand Covian Victory! I can almost smell that new Cap smell!

*signed*
Marcus Kobra. Watchman, Army of Cove

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 10:37:52 pm by Marcus Kobra/Nikko Bludd » Logged

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 10:19:55 pm »

Security Patrol!

Leading:
Marcus Kobra, Watchman

Guardsmen in attendance:
Kas Valentine, Regular
Hoagie, Sargeant
Delferium, Watchman
Ochalfa Serpernt, Regular

As part of the trials I was to secure the graveyard and lay ur fallen to rest once more! With all that is happening around Cove I nay blame them fore rilling in their graves!
I led the men to the grave yard, immidiatly the animated corpses asailed us! We slew all maner of decomposed beings including a few lich! The grave yard was cleansed quickly. Those undeads never stood a chance! With a breif prayer and a ponder of whose tomb it was in the grave yard.. Possibley Sanct Keldor himself?! Who knows?

We collected no coins... they were burried with it they shall lie with it and keep it in death, so may Avatar keep them!

*Signed*
Marcus Kobra, Watchman, Army of Cove

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 04:26:21 am »

Security Patrol!

Leading:
Marcus Kobra, Watchman

Guardsmen in attendance:
Kas Valentine, Regular
Hoagie, Sargeant
Delferium, Watchman
Ochalfa Serpernt, Regular

Seeing as I had the mens undivided atention! I marched them off to the vesper crossroads so that we oculd walk and patrol the shire on our way to Altmere!

Some of the men don't seem to know wich way Vesper is and headed out for Yewish lands! They soon returned and we marched off in a trackers line to the Altmere Garrison with little dificulty!

We then marched our way to the Yew crossroads!

I had the men spready out and cover each hall of th garison. I sent Sargeant Hoagie and Recruit Keres to the West Hall, Regular Valentine and Watchman Delferium to the North, Whilst Myself and The Scout took the South Hall.

All was reported clear, Recruit Keres suggested a sentry but the men looked weary after such a long rotation. Regular Valentine dozed of on us and I ordered the rest of the men to leave. Myself and Keres stayed back another 15 or 20 minutes with no response form the comatose Valentine. We made the decision to march home. I dismissed the men and headed inside to right out the reports....bleedin cramp causine mess I say!

*Signed*
Marcus Kobra, Watchman, Army of Cove!

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 06:56:45 am »

Good work so far Watchman!

Keep it up.

*signed*

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 11:38:30 pm »

Security Patrol of the Swamps

Leading:
Marcus Kora, Watchman
Attending:
Hoagie, Sergeant
Darek Milako II, Junior Grenadier
Keres, Recruit
Fla Goldhamer, Recruit
Melancruant, Colegium Dola (or sumat)

We set out from the barracks to the Northern swamps to make sure no loyalists had camped out that way! What we found was  a stinking smelly creature infested swamp! Lizard men, bogmen, bog things, blobs, and slimes where everywhere! Including vicious Gators and Snakes! WE Press through to the opposite side. I as a tough fight but we managed!!
Upon reaching the other side it seems Goldhammer and Sergeant Hoagie received messages that took them away immediately. The Civilian also had to leave... then Recruit Keres left us.. bloody 'Ell all that where left was myself and the Junior! We pushed our way to the opposite side with out the gits. Can always trust a Grenadier to stay by your side!!

I dismissed the Junior once we reached the barracks. A small dent  in the population of the swamp and no Loyalist forces were discovered!

A victory for me and Milako!

*Signed*

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 01:35:55 am »

Foraging for Food!

Guardsmen in Attendance:
Marcus Kobra, Watchman (Leading)
Hoagie, Sergeant
Olchafa Serpent, Junior Scout (departed early)
Torrak Keres, Recruit
Marcus Telvar, Junior Grenadier( came later)
Takeamada, Junior Grenadier

My trials required that I forage for food by looting The cheeseeaters stash! I rallied the men and we set off for the dungeon Via Various means! Upon arrival we lit our torches and holding a tight formation pressed into the ratmens impromptu guardpost!WE smashed them good! The scout soon found the entrance to the main camp and stormed it we did in true Covian fashion! Half naked and screamin!

I kicked in the fortress doors and quickly held the gap whilst the archers shot them to pieces and the other men made sure I nay fell over! Always count on a Covian to hold ye up when yer ready ter fall!

After the first wave was down we charged onto the platform within and battered the furry ones to death! After a fine smashing we surmised wed gathered plenty of food! Were about to make the exit when Junior Grenadier Telvar showed up and Junior Scout Olchafa had to leave us! I decided more gold was in order and led the men deeper into the dungeon.
We came to a bridge I did not know and I inquired as to what may be on the other side. I was informed A White dragon was there! Upon consideration I decided it was just the thing for the morale! Off we charged "TALLY-HO!" and on we went to slay the mighty beast! We charged on and just as I called to form a clawed mitt did descend for me. I was thrown against the wall and promptly fell over. The men fought on and got me back to my feet! The Sergeant went for his legs whilst I went for his belly! The recruit and Takeamada fired on his wings and head and Telvar hacked at the beasts hindquarters! We soon had it down!

I then carved a talon from the beast! Another trophy for my mantle! Har!
A splendid show of Covian prowess and a total victory for Cove the Baron and Most Certainly Avatar!

We collected just under 20 thousand Crowns!
Junior Takeamada Donated his 5 thousands to the Coffers!

Grand Job Men!

*Signed*

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 08:57:56 am »

Damn fine work so far Kobra!

The Covian Cap is within your reach.

*signed*

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 08:33:48 pm »

Security Patrol of Cove Town

Leading:
Watchman Marcus Kobra

Attending:
Recruit Torrak Keres
Junior Grenadier Takeamada
Regular Scout Kal Shadowhand
Hardend guardsman Gryf

With the recent arrival of so much food I decided to lead the men to make sure that the citezens had been issued their rations and that none were fighting or stealing from one another. We quickly marched t the gates and made rounds to the healers and the houses around the bank. I was appalled to see tables devoid of food or even water to drink! Either the supplies are not being rationed out accordingly or we have a thief in our midst! From the bank I ordered Recruit Torrak Keres and Junior Grenadier Takeamada to secure the Lighthouse, I then had Regular scout Shadowhand and Hardenguards man Gryf Secure the docks. It is truly an honour to have such a distinguished guardsman on one of my patrols! The men soon reported back. It seems the citezens may have started an insurrection! The men were attacked by four angry citezens armed with crude weapons. Hardenguardsman Gryf did the hard but necessary job and defended the men's lives. He smashed and bashed the lawbreakers!

With the patrol concluded and the uprising putdown we returned to the barracks and I dismissed the men!

Cove is safe another day! Huzzah!

There my last patrol before I make Junior! I'll be patrolling with style soon!

*Signed*

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 01:19:50 am »

A Grand lecture!

Attending:
Marcus Kobra, Watchman, Leading
Hoagie, Sergeant
Darek Milako II, Junior Grenadier
Takeamada, Junior Grenadier
Marcus Telvar, Junior Grenadier

I held training regarding the having of plan "B"s, having faith in your fellow soldiers, and the effect of Avatar's Will and a mans faith had on his ability to fight and win!

I first went over the importance of having back up plans. It always turns out that your first plan usually fails to be successful! Such as trying to talk with the Loyalists! Of course that failed, they can't think hard enough to speak intelligently! Plan two was to fight em! That worked alot better than the first!

I touch on that only briefly before emphasising having faith in ones fellow guardsmen! It is the key factor in most battles! I gave examples of faith. Such as a guards man taking the most vicious of beatings but never running away because his mates behind him or beside him and will not let him fall! I gave the example of my hunt whilst we held at the fortress doors against the vermin hoards! I gave the example of fighting fierce dragons! But they are no more fierce than an angry Covian! I then bored the men with tales of my exploits and such before going on to what happens when we lack faith in our fellow guardsmen. I told them how I have seen men break ranks and maneuver outside the unit to be picked off one by one, I have even seen men FLEE runaway, abandoning their fellow guardsmen in their moment of need! Whole formations falling to pieces because one man chose to save his own skin! Its not just recruits, or Watchmen, But Juniors and even most dreadful of all even Higher! This can not be allowed to stand. Discipline must be harsher to attain the required compliance! Lashes for rank breakers, execution for deserters! This behaviour is detrimental to morale as well as tactical success on the field! I for one shall not stand idly by and watch it take place.

I moved on from there and talked about faith in Avatar. The most important of my lecture. I talked about how Avatar's Will shall see a man through anything! Faith that yo can do it, that you can win, that you shall prevail will guarantee that Avatar shall look favourably upon your actions. A man who believes, truly believes that his soul is Avatar's shall not fear the necromancer, nor death itself! He shall fight to his last breath and face any enemy before him. Where I not so resolute in my faith I would never have leap aboard a vessel preparing to put out from the shore in persuit of a wanted criminal. Nor especially in my armour! Imagine sinking and not being able t to swim in yer tin suite! Dreadful indeed, but Avatar is with ye. Have faith and be true.
Another item that has disturbed me is a general lack of faith within the army. Granted we are no Templi but it is of concern to hear grumblings about Avatar whilst in ranks, on the battlefield or even whilst at MASS! Who can mock Avatar in his own church! I have no names, your conversion is not my job, to spread the word of the faith is! And I'll have no one be-doubting Avatar. That behaviour must stop especially at Mass. For shame on any man or woman or even dwarf who would be-doubt Avatar's existence!

I concluded the lecture with a free for all. The Grenadiers chose to gang up on Sergeant Hoagie and soon took him down after a merry chase about the parade grounds. Junior Milako was next, with myself soon following. Junior Telvar was the last man standing! I soon dismissed the men, smile upon my face.

Potius mori quam foedari - Death Before Dishonour

*Signed*

Marcus Kobra, Junior Watchman, Army of Cove.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 10:49:10 am »

A grand end ter yer trials Marcus.

It is important ter have a plan "B"... In fact most Grenadiers have a plan "C, D & E"... And if all else fails kick 'em in the nads and make a tactical withdrawl I say. *nods sagely*

As fer faith... I put mine in a good war axe and heater shield... And the man stood next to me.

*signed*

Darek Milako
Have No Fear, Darek The Great is here!
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

Ah Love Teh Ladies, An' Teh Ladies Love Teh Bronze

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 05:47:36 pm »

[OOC]hahaha raiden omg thats a good final solution in battle lol[OOC]

Darek Milako II: wow dude u look like a pornstar with that mustache!
Ogden Seaborne: Thank you kindly!
Darek Milako II: An' wha's wit' tha' 'at!
Darek Milako II: Ye' look like a rapist!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length