Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:49:03 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  can't equip a torch
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: can't equip a torch  (Read 1968 times)
Sharon
« on: October 02, 2008, 08:05:36 am »

I don't seem to be able to get my character to hold a torch, though a lantern equips alright. I have Windoze Vista and in UO I use 2D (not KR).
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 08:23:21 am »

Emptied both hands and tried to double click an unlit torch? It could be a simple mistake on your part. Or if it is a glitch purchase a new torch and lose the old one!

Cheers,

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Sharon
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 09:30:01 am »

None of that works, and it gets worse. Tried with several torches, same thing happens. I cant drop the torch on the ground, something prevents it. And after having tried, my whole backpack siezes up, can't pick anything up from it. Can't recall either I get the message that "can't do that while dragging an object". Well nothing is being dragged and I'm never overburdened. But I have to log out and log back in again otherwise the problem doesn't go away. Only way I can get rid of the torch is to sell it to a provisioner.

All this is only happening with equipping torches, everything else equips and works fine so its not a big problem, I'll just use a lantern, though it gives a less atmospheric feel.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 10:15:54 am »

Are you patched up to date and do you use UOAssist?

I had similar problems with my pack locking up when logging in.

Once i updated UOAssist and patched up to date the problem hasn't resurfaced.

Perhaps you have or UOAssist thinks you have a macro running which won't let you equip the torch?

Just a few ideas...

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Sharon
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 11:05:45 am »

Patched up alright, log in every day, never had a problem with patching. Never had UO Assist, either, so that can't be the problem. On the other hand, perhaps I should buy that utility, it might even solve the problem.
Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 11:08:38 am »

I had this issue the other night at Sanctuary, but simply reloading Ultima fixed it for me; it has only happened the once.

Regards,

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

"Amidst the chaos and confusion, only one thing is for certain; no one is safe from the noose!"
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 01:31:44 pm »

Try a smaller stick if it don' fit!

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Nicholi Ravnthorn
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 02:49:58 pm »

I find it that sometimes when I'm dragging an item on or off my paperdool it sometimes freezes in space between.. and my cursor goes on. If it happens to be that problem and you notice it drag your cursor back over the item and it'll start to drag with it again.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length