Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 08:07:54 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Operation Altmere Serpent
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Operation Altmere Serpent  (Read 1306 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 01, 2008, 10:57:14 am »

The Baron looked up from his desk as Raiden entered the room.

"Ah, Morana. About time... Any sign of that buffoon Fairholm's forces occupying the Altmere?"
"Nay my liege."
"Good. Let's keep it that way. Captain... It's time to put operation Altmere Serpent into effect!"
"Very well my liege."

Operation Altmere Serpent - Phase One.

General Orders:

~ Increased border security ~

*More patrols into our former province of the Altmere. Gather information on any Loyalist forces encountered but do not engage them.
*Seek out any Loyalist held buildings within the province.
*Ensure the safety of the loyal Covian subjects now under Loyalist oppression.
*Reinforce the Altmere outpost with regular sentry details.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

OOC:

Raiden has already impressed upon the Grenadiers and those present at the last parade the importance of leading patrols and sentries around the Altmere.

This must happen for further phases of Operation Altmere Serpent to be put into action and for the chance to reclaim the Altmere province.

Will the Altmere be reclaimed? That's up to you Covians!

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 07:33:12 pm »

Patrolling the Altmere & Infiltrating The King's Guard's HQ.

Attended by:

Raiden, Grenadier Captain ~ Leading.
Kal ShadowHand, Officer Cadet.
Takeamada, Regular Grenadier.

With the Baron's orders fresh in my ears I took Kal and Takeamada on a stroll to the Altmere outpost. From there we ventured into our former lands to see what information we could gather on the Loyalist's reign over the Altmere.

It seems the Blue Skirts let brigands, bandits, ogres and ettins roam free about the province to cause havoc as they see fit on the loyal Covian inhabitants of the Altmere.

The number of peasants living rough in the woods or by the roadside was also evident as we patrolled north by west to the cross roads. It was saddening to see how these once proud folk have been turfed out of their homesteads and left to the mercy of the elements, brigands and worse. It seems that the King's men have forsaken their ill gotten prize already.

I decided that we would press on towards the capital to see if we could encounter any blue skirts so that I could make my displeasure at the treatment of the Covian subjects in the Altmere known.

We skirted the marshes and swamps again encountering roaming outlaws. It seems the Loyalists can't keep their own lands safe let alone those stolen from their neighbours. Eventually we stumbled upon the head quarters of the King's Guard. Two sleeping sentries in the door way.

We made our way inside but no other souls were to be found. We did find however two fine looking canons and a good supply of powder kegs...

Hmmm... That wall bracket looks a little flimsy... If the torch was to fall onto the powder kegs someone would be in fer the high jump.

*Waggles the bracket to check that it was secure... The bracket crumples and the lit torch falls upon the powder kegs...*

"Uhmm... Lads... RUN!!!!"

*Boooooom!!!!!*

That'll burn a hole in their nice carpets fer sure!

For Cove!!!

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length