Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:43:28 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Attempt On The Commander's Life
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Attempt On The Commander's Life  (Read 1597 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 23, 2009, 06:55:35 pm »

Attended by:

Walter Darkmoore, Mercenary Recruit.
Raiden, Commander.
Torrak Keres, Company Skirmisher.

I received a pigeon from Recruit Darkmoore saying that someone wanted to speak with me at the barracks so I made my way there as soon as I was able. Our visitor was a member of the Stirling & Kendall Trading Company and while I knew it was Devante (he's too vain to hide his face) nor Reed (wears a womanly pink quiver) I could not place the fellow with his hood down.

This rather rude fella got straight to the point. Apparently he believes that a dealt him a blow during the fierce, close quarter fighting in Vesper recently and his hand is pretty much knackered now. Had to have some surgery on it or summat. Stay out of the way of the fella with a big mace when fighting gets face to face I say.

I made my apologies for any damage I -may- have caused and explained that I too was victim of a similar incident when one of Reeds' bolts took me plum in the helm and knocked me off my feet, but this nutter was having none of it. After a little persuasion he decided it'd be in his best interests to stop pestering me and leave, though I didn't really believe he'd departed.

Walter and I patrolled around the Baronship Household for a while and were soon joined by Keres who'd got his lazy arse out of bed. Walter found some tracks to suggest I was right in thinking our unwelcome guest was still around so I set a little trap for him... With me as bait.

I dismissed Walter and Keres and mooched around outside the barracks for a little while until the lunatic archer stepped from the shadows. To be fair to him he did invite me to arm my weapon and shield before opening fire on me. As he did Walter stepped from a side street and gave chase only to go down under a hail of bolts.

However after a short chase through the Shire Keres and I were able to down the nutter without too much fuss. Once he'd regained conciousness I explained that he'd be a fool to continue his ill advised vendetta and told him to royally bugger off.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length