Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 09:50:51 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  *A Note Given to Amon Jarl By a Runner*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *A Note Given to Amon Jarl By a Runner*  (Read 1542 times)
Me'an Silen
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2009, 09:58:04 am »

*it is sealed with a Wax:

As you open it Pennys Neckless drops out of the Envolope.*

Dear, Amon Jarl.

Your beloved Penny Feckletip, is the Newest Adition to the Growing Captives. Now ill make you a special Deal. If you Bring me the Boy, Tristan Kobra, I will release your Loved one.

She  has asked me to pass on a simple message after i convinced her there was no escape and that the guards would never find her, "Ill Never Forget you"

- The Breaker, Serpent Slavers Covian District

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 11:16:17 am »

Amon was just finishing his breakfast at the Green Goblin tavern when the runner arrived. He took the note and dismissed the messenger with a flick of his wrist.

As he began to read the note Amon rose from his seat and steadied himself against the breakfast table. He swallowed hard and blinked disbelieving at the parchment.

He rocked on his heels, struggling to keep down the meal he had just consumed before turning to Carlotta and making his way to the bar to pay her handsomely for his breakfast. He then turned and strode out of the tavern heading for the barracks. It was raining. When does it ever stop raining in this Avatar forsaken town.

As he waited outside the Baron's office to speak with the Commander, Amon's mind flashed back to all the selfish and caddish behaviour he had endulged in during his life. Was this further penance? Hadn't he suffered enough over the years to reclaim his noble birthright?

Entering the office Amon handed Raiden the note. "I need one more favour from you my boy."

Raiden looked up from the note to Amon. "Cove does not do deals with slavers."

Amon barely nodded, his eyes glazed.

"However, Cove does not tolerate brigands carrying off it's townsfolk or take kindly to threats from petty criminals. This sounds like a job for my Grenadiers and the Light Company. I know the girl is dear to you. We shall get her back old friend."

Amon left the barracks and made his way back to the tavern. He visited many taverns and hostelries that morn', speaking to those who would whisper and those who would shout.

To those who would whisper: "I, Amon Jarl, will pay handsomely for information regarding the Serpent Slavers. I will pay generously for information leading to their whereabouts and capture. I will also craft the finest blade or swiftest bow, coloured with darkest shadow or bloody red for the man who's information leads to the slavers being dead."

To those who would shout: "I, Amon Jarl, nobleman of Cove am willing to pay generously to secure the release of Miss Penny Freckletip. I know nought of the boy you seek nor Kobra's duties or whereabouts. I have no sway here nor means to secure the boy. Perhaps the coin I offer in return for Miss Freckletip's freedom would help you more than I?

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length