Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 10:45:22 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Involuntary Absences
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Involuntary Absences  (Read 2640 times)
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2005, 07:01:11 am »

I'm very enthusiastic about joining this guild. It's been great so far and I'm eager to learn more and be comfortable. However, some of you might know that I'm American. I also have an evening and weekend job which will keep me from attending some events. These are events I direly would like to attend, but some of them I'm not able to. Also, I did notice one day that I missed some sort of training that was held at 8am (my time) on Saturday morning. I actually wasn't home that morning, but even if I was I wouldn't have been awake. I didn't even know it was coming. (I am trying to stay current with the event board even harder now)

I am new to the guild and especially because of that I'm not asking anyone to make any schedule changes. But I can't get anywhere in this guild if I can't attend training sessions and important events. I'm a horrible battle mage at this point and I'm not even used to fighting the way this guild requires me to fight. I would appreciate it so much that someone could help me out if I did miss some training session or event. Not just by making a report but by demonstrating what I missed... this is only a request and I'm not asking anyone to completely devote their time to one single recruit. Just a little help here and there would be great.

I'm determined to make this guild work for me.

[03:19:28] Shadwell (BoC): We should get married.
[03:19:50] Shadwell (BoC): And dont quote me in your sig
                                  -----
[01:17:32] Tiberius Oct: I blamed Americans.
[01:17:58] Tiberius Oct: Then we chuckled and went back to eating crumpets and colonizing developing nations.
Calico
Old Battle Axe
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

"Tired but never weak."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 07:38:36 am »

I know how frustraiting it can be.  I'm in Central time zone too.  While I can make it to most events in the peak euro hours, it took me much much longer than it should have to get to a recruit carde simply because they all took place about thirty minutes before I got home from work,  definatly sympathiseing here.

I work early mornings... lucky me, I guess.   If it's a training or recruite event you really need for promotions, and having some event be a trifle earlyer or later is better for you... let me know and I'll tweak it by a half hour or so. I was pulling hair out trying to convert timezones and make it to trainings only to miss them by minutes because of RL things my first month here...

"No! don't tell me what time it's happening!!! tell me how many more hours!  wait.. what time is it there? Military time?! hu???" 

The event is at 19:00... that meens you count up from twelve... 7:00, ok... and it's... noon here that meens training is in.. *counts on fingers* an hour?  Dear lord.. I can't belive I can do it in my head with out hurting myself.

...any way!

Proly having a Recruit Carde Wednesday... would 1:30 Central be good?

*Earned Merit in The Kaldorian Line Campaign*
Gimbly
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 07:50:50 am »

Yo welcome aboard and nay worry , there are more then you from overseas who managed to attend to
events and trainings so im sure youŽll get that too. Wink
I'm very enthusiastic about joining this guild. It's been great so far and I'm eager to learn more
and be comfortable

Yarrr thats the stuff  Tib wants to hear Cheesy
Good to see newcomers are enthusiastic and look forward like you do Wink

Society for Putting Things on top of Other Things(tm)
Feraz
Elder Warrior, Screwup and Legendary Imbecile of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

For the Baronship i fall!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 10:43:57 am »

I also have a evening job.. That fuck things up.. but its grand fun those time i can attend  Smiley

Welcome to Cove!

Gregor Eason
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 10:57:02 am »

Np, we'll sort it.
Great to hear you're so keen on the guild.

Central Time - 6hours behind GMT?
Grief Dryfh Gry
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 12:11:01 pm »

Yep, that's six hours behind. I'm on EST, which is 5.

http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,1556.msg14526.html#msg14526  <-- Baldies ownage!
Eason (12:40 AM) :
The play chick?
*rubs chin*

Well, by the sounds of what you're telling me, you are pretty hot yourself and stand a good chance of getting her I reckon. (Don't tell anyone I told you you're hot, or you die a grizzly death).
Eason Edit: And I was RIGHT TOO!
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 12:41:59 pm »

Well; I'll be on later than usual this week, so if you wish to do something just contact me and I'll arrange it.

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 09:45:34 pm »

*claps* Welcome!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length