Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2024, 06:24:05 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  *A report left on the Commanders desk*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *A report left on the Commanders desk*  (Read 2341 times)
Demarian Tel'var
Regular Guardsmen
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2009, 12:16:56 pm »

Raiden,
           Last eve, the Goblin was attacked again by these regular thug's who have now claimed themselves as Bailiff's here to collect what Kiran owes them... in the process of this they shot a Junior Guardsmen Thomas Aylmer who is seriously injured.
I do not know what past event's have followed.... we now have a face to go by I don't know his name but mean to do some digging... on his so called group.
I'm glad to report one of the assailant's there leader was captured by a little game of cat and mouse which ended bad for him..
Thanks to Athalus and his poison with the aide of a Covian citizen..while I lured him into a trap.
After receiving a few skirmish attacks from his partner we fended off.. several times we interrogated him with a bit of a roughing up.

I've let him go pending, he knows what will happen if I catch him again.. it won't be to pleasent for him to say the least..
Would seem they're here for Kiran pretty much... but they're something more I think, seems to be some... trouble coming from the Swagger's in regards of there staff working at the goblin.
How true this is I'm not sure perhap's I can sneak back to my old job and figure out what this nonsense is about...
With your permission sir.... they still don't know I've rejoined the army as of yet.

I've included some sketches of the.. captive we will know his face in future now.

~Signed~
Demarian Tel'var

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 01:00:33 pm »

Good work.

If ye think ye can get inside with little risk see what ye can find out. Nay go gettin' yerself killed fer nay reason though, ye've only just got back.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Railen Morana
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 07:19:28 pm »

*A Note left for Raiden*

As I was restocking at the Goblin last eve I was accosted at Crossbow point while speaking with a mage whos name I did not get.
The voice of the man I recognised to be that of a man named Smith -or something like that... I am not certain of the last name. He is the one I mentioned who was very inhospitable last time I was at Swaggers.

Smith snarled at the mage to get down on his belly, and told me to come along quietly or I would be hurt.  It is clear he planned to take me with him.
The mage cast some sort of spell and told me to run for it, and I ran to ring the alarm bell, and hid inside of the Barraks store room, locking the door behind me. 

I heard him call out through the window to come down or Thomas Aylmer would be killed. Then I heard Thoms scream, so I came back down in effort to save his life. Another of our fine covian men came, hearing the bell, and I tried to bring Aylmer inside the hospital to safety, but with his wounds I was not fast enough. Thom shouted at me to run, and I fled, hiding at the Memorial square. There I waited a long while, until I could no longer hear the sounds of fighting in the distance, and returned.

Demarian explained one of the men had been captured, but then was released with a stern warning. I explained that they had try to take me with them, but he seemed to insist they were after Kiran for money he owed them, and not me. Didnt much feel like that when I was being told to come along quietly with a bolt aimed for my back. There was no mention of Kiran to me, though there was little chance of it. Demarian did stay a while to be sure the Goblin was secure. He is very skilled at what he does.  If he would be willing and could be spared to continue my weapons training after our child is born I would be most honored. I mean to nae be a victem any longer, but a blade to protect the Baronship and its citizenry.

I do not know why they would insist I pay Kirans debt, as was mentioned in the conversation I had with Demarian. Kiran is not my husband nor is he related to me in any way. He was hired as MY assistant and book keeper not I his. The Goblin still is owned by Edward and Cove itself. Her profits technically belong to the Baronship until such time as Edward is declaired dead, at which time it would revert back to Cove as Edward has no heirs other than Kiko Takemura, who is also missing.

Thomas' wounds have been seen to, though having Marcus or Mori check my work would not go amiss.  He lost a fair amount of blood last night, and I had to cauterize the bolt wounds.

I am not feeling well. The baby has kept me up most of the night and I do not recall ever being so tired in my life. Kelly is taking time off from work due to Emma's loss. Kiran has not returned from making trade agreements, and I find myself with fewer staff for the Goblin. With all of the repairs and replacing furniture and soft goods which have been damaged, I have used up most of the nest egg I had put aside. I do not think I can keep up the Goblin much longer if the attacks persist, at least...not in good repair.  I checked in this morning, and another stool was broken. A local bard mentioned one of our own men got upset over a chess game and threw it down, smashing it.

I am sorry my mood is sour. Perhaps all that is needed is some sleep.
Love, Always
Rai

« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 08:19:12 pm by Hoagie » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 09:04:09 pm »

Raiden muttered as he replied to Railen's note.

Lass ye must stay away from the Goblin, in yer condition. At least unless I am there ter protect ye. There is staff aplenty these days and Kiran should be back soon enough.

I shall see to it that funds are raised to cover the damages caused by the recent attacks on our tavern and that recompense is sought by other means from those who would harm Cove's townsfolk.

Now we know this basterd's name we can find out who he works with and who's behind these cowardly schemes and bring them to book.

Stay safe until my duties are done.

Raiden.

25 Shillings Awarded ~ Railen Morana

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Demarian Tel'var
Regular Guardsmen
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 05:11:06 pm »

Doing some further investigating into this tavern war, it seems an attack from the Goblin or a Covian was made on the Swaggers injuring Becca' luckily it wasn't serious just some minor burns and so forth,.. I believe this has fueled even more rage from the Swagger's staff especially with Jeridan.. I believe Kiran and Jeridan are the key's in this war.
There been several problem's in the past between them and Kiran's organisation even though Jeridan was a member of this group.
Didn't get much out of Jeridan then again I was short of time.. but I could tell he was lying, but I won't be able to head into Vesper unless I'm disguised and with some scout assistance, I know a few Vesperian's that are discreet enough to still inform me of thing's.

Three Vesperian soldier's made a blockade on the tavern I easily chased them off before confronting Escaflowne where he's dealing with them...despite Damien's hate to ward's me.
An old friend of mine from the Swagger's given me some names to look into Kas I've spoken with and believe hes nothing to do with anything,.. I know of Chaffer's working with Kiran in the past.. as part of his organisation . a Kelban longleaf a Watchman but I don't know much about him.. there a few Goblin bouncer's apparently working for Kiran on these attacks. Names of all the apprant suspects in our territory are listed on the sketches.

Beside that these at tack's I believe are from a separate group maybe hired by Jeridan...or working against Kiran for other reasons, past business arrangements as I said In my last report.

~Signed~
Demarian Tel'var, Regular Guardsmen

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length