Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 04:27:55 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Esconced in lacey bits and Fair
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Esconced in lacey bits and Fair  (Read 1397 times)
Railen Morana
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2009, 09:50:30 pm »

I will be around less often over the next two months. Why you ask?

www.dickensfair.com

I will be dressing the Mikado, and setting up food and snacks for 50 workers at the largest set of booths at the fair, where I also sell Victorian Day Caps Ive made at the Ladies Accessories booth.

Ill still be about weekday evenings and weekend late nights upon occation, depending on how late we get home.

Railen Morana
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 09:38:04 pm »

1st weekend of workshops done. My schedule looked like this:

Saturday 6:30 AM, Wake up, shower dress, make sure I have all the daycaps I made and the things I promiced to bring to the party tonight, make sure the hubby knows to grab the tray and the bag of things that have to be kept refridgerated to bring with him when he joins me later.

Saturday 7:30 am- leave for workshops.
Saturday 8 am- set up booth to sell all sorts of costuming to people working the fair who need costume bits! Find out here our booth is to set up, start hauling boxes of top hats and tables, costume racks, and hoop skirts etc...
9am- start selling said items.
Go to a few workshops and attend Mikado rehearsal between selling stuff...
5 PM, store stuff away for tomorrow, and get a ride to the Party
530, arrive at party, help someone into their costume and get into mine...party...
3:30 AM...call taxi to get home at said party
4am...go home...fall into bed...pass out.
8 am...get up...stare at the shelf of the fridge a while...decide toast sounds good. Mumble and kiss the hubby good morning, grab a banana and yogurt...stumble downstairs into friends car for another day of selling stuff and rehersals. Get home at 7 PM...try to get online...but am too tired to even eat the brownies the hubby made...or even notice he did ALOT of dishes ( I love my hubby)
8:30 PM...Pass out in bed.

I expect next weekend to not be much different, but I do not have an all night party to go to, and should be able to fit in more sleep!

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 10:20:13 pm »

Wow that sounds like a fun day at work, are you gonna take any pictures of the events? Is that like a dickens museum which runs all year?

Railen Morana
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 12:14:44 am »

Nope. Beginning Next Saturday, we have exactly 13 days to construct a theatrical set to look like "the streets of London". The fair runs from the day after Thanksgiving through the weekend before christmas. There are 4 or 5 stages, about as many Ale stands, plus a TON of booth "Shops." which are each a theatrical set. The audience literally moves on the streets along with the actors, as well as on the more formal stages.

Its a whole lot of fun, and a whole lot of work, especially when you consider that I have a regular 5 day a week job, and that is what I do for fun and a hobby. Haha!

A whole lot of awesome people are there who will help you out- sort of an extended family really...of well over 1000 costumed participants- (aka workers of the Fair)

Yesterday, in a rehersal with the fans they will be using throught the Mikado...the first time they flicked open the fans...they started  falling apart.  I have taken them home and am hot gluing and sewing them back together to insure they dont have mishaps ON stage in the "Fan Fu" bits.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 12:19:58 am by Railen Morana » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length