Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:31:52 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Junior Trials] - Gabriel Drachen
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Junior Trials] - Gabriel Drachen  (Read 2378 times)
Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2010, 04:31:46 pm »

Junior Trials - Gabriel Drachen

Ah.. Another fine Scout aiming high.. Just what I like to see.. Now lets see.. We need some trials for you ey?.. Well.. Whatever doesn't kill you will only make you.. More proficient at keeping me alive...

Task One:Intel for the Coming Wargames..

As you know the wargames got off to a pretty good start lastnight with a grueling battle, one where the Scouts proved their skills and merit. Though we need to keep this sterling work up.. and one issue discovered yesterday is rally points.

I want you to provide a map of Jhelom. On this map I want you to mark Five Rally Points.. These points will be memorised by us Scouts and used to quickly gather us together..

• Provide a Map in the Map Folder of Jhelom
  • Provide Five Tactical Rally Points

Task Two: Battle Games of our own..

Hmm.. There is much talk of the most elite squad in the Covian army is.. Now.. We know this to be the Scouts of course, but others must learn this. I want you to organise a tournament of sorts.. Between the three squads, and the main block. There are to be at least three events and the overall winning squad will deserve the respect of all other guardsmen.

• Organise an event that pits the Squads against each other.
  • Create at least three diverse events.
  • At least one representative of each squad must be present.

Task Three: Prove our worth in the Hunt.

You are to lead a Scout only hunt that brings back at least Two Trophies and prove that the Scouts can take down any beast with our superior survival and tactical prowess. You may choose the trophies yourself.. But the bigger the better.

• Lead a Scout (and Scout potentials) only hunt.
  • Bring back no less than Two Trophies.
  • At least Three Guardsmen must join you.

Good luck friend, I am sure you will prove your worth and we shall see you getting promoted swifly.. The first task is of upmost importance and should be completed as soon as possible.

Signed: Jenifer Feather

Lucas Drachen
The Covian Cannon
The Light Company
Covian Regular

Probably Dead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 11:34:32 pm »

For my Trials I have mapped out the main island of Jhelom to make our Scouts more efficient at moving about to deal with enemies.

The Map below is pretty straight forward, It shows the locations of our opponents bases and each point is marked out on the map. The Red dots mark the points themselves where as the yellow circles give an example of the radius these points cover.

I have included sketches of each location in detail to help other scouts find them more easily.

Relay Point 1: A small guard post in the center of Jhelom. The post lacks doors allowing us to slip into it without making any noise. Cover wise this is a enclosed building keeping us out of sight from any enemies running by. This point also gives us access to the center of Jhelom where I am sure most of the combat will take place.

Relay Point 2: This is a small cropping of trees near The Covian Basecamp. It is a location we can use effectively to flank any attacks on our own camp. The Trees give effective cover for our scouts.

Relay Point 3: A not so crucial point, But effective in covering more of Jhelom's overall area. Hidden in the shadow of two buildings it can be used effectively as a point to regroup away from battle. Or to ambush if the fighting does lead into this area.

Relay Point 4: I like to call this point The Yew Ambush Point. As this location is just a bit north of their basecamp and can effectively be used to pick off any of their soldiers trying to retreat back to camp. Also a very effecting spying point if we ever run any espionage missions during the Campaign.

Relay Point 5: This point is useful in dealing with both of our opponents. To  The North is The Knights Camp and to The west is Yew. This point can be used for multiple purposes be it spying or ambushing.

These Five points give us a nice radius of attack on our enemies. They do not cover every inch of The City but put us in good range to move out to any part of the island. If need be in the coming battles I will map out the smaller islands as well just incase the battle moves to either of them.

Signed:
Gabriel Drachen

Hoagie: "Lobster battallion, chaaaarge!"
Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 01:30:37 pm »

Excellent work Gabriel, These points look extremely usful.. I shall lead an expedition to view them with the Scouts soon.. Then we will know where they are for the next battle.. We will be as co-ordinated as the graduates of the Jig'Fu class.

Keep up the good work.. I want to see you promoted!

Signed: Jenifer Feather

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length