Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 11:57:51 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Back to Basics - Report
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Back to Basics - Report  (Read 1357 times)
Nicholi Ravnthorn
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2010, 10:52:41 pm »

Leading:
Nicholi Ravnthorn - Regular Guardsman

Attending:
Bersi - Arcanist Corporal
Thomas Aylmer - Junior Arcanist
Ilyana - Junior Guardsman
Jessica Pheonix - Guardsman Recruit

Today I lead a short training "back to basics." This training was to focus on physical fitness, and it's importance in teamwork, warriorship, and the battlefield. We also touched on paired fighting, cross-healing, traget calling, and target selection. We started we a basic warm up including laps, push ups and star jumps, nothing to horrible. After a warm up I explained why it was important for a warrior to be able to "take a hit" so we moved onto toe to toe boxing while I bashed them with a dull blade.

I soon moved onto paired combat, where I explained the dire need for cross-healing, target calling and target selection. I pinpointed my basic opinion, and how I choose targets on the battle field. Starting with the farhtest ranged and fastest, moving down to the closest ranged and slowest. I also mentioned how I like to pick off the weaker targets first, which can weaken your enemies' defense and healing structure. Here is the list of targets to hit in order:

1.  Arcanists
2.  Archers
3.  Poisoners
4.  Polearmists/axers
5.  Heavy shielders

Although I didn't touch on any new information, I find it very important to drill these subject into our brains everyday. Everyone should know this and remeber these things on the battle field.

*Signed*
Nicholi Ravnthorn
Regular Guardsman
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:05:16 pm by Nicholi Ravnthorn » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length