Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 13, 2024, 02:51:59 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  Events Board
| | |-+  Old Events (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | | |-+  22/08/10 - 8:20pm - Silver Rush pt. 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 22/08/10 - 8:20pm - Silver Rush pt. 2  (Read 2414 times)
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2010, 12:06:08 pm »

Quote from: Devante;540382
Hey Everyone, keep Wednesday next week free, we are planning a big event much like we did on Monday in Vesper, except this time it will involve every guild in the RP community scrambling for the silver coins.

Monday's event was really good fun, so i expect this to be better !... i hope.

So thats Wednesday 22nd

I'll have more event details by Sunday evening hopefully

It'll be Epic !

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 02:34:33 pm by Hoagie » Logged
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 10:26:40 am »

Quote from: Devante;540887
As some of you may have noticed we have recently been experimenting with using Silver coins as our RP currency in Vesper...

This came about when a ship transporting silver from Nujelm to Britain mysteriously crashed into Vesper, it's precious cargo was quickly looted by those greedy Vesperian residents and crates of silver coins were spread all over the city. What followed was a scramble to gather the coins as Vesperians turned against each other violently attempting to claim as many coins for themselves as they could. They were not alone, the Covians (and a Duchy) also hearing of the ships misfortune boldly came to the rescue and attempted to retrieve the coins (mainly to fuel their own greed), but they failed and Silver doubloons began to circulate around the population and suddenly gold became worthless.

Now we would like to take this experiment further and perhaps try to install Silver coins as the RP currency of Europa.

So on to the second silver scramble...

As it turns out the ship transporting the silver coins, The Silver Hind, was raided by pirates before being forced to land at Vesper, survivors from the Silver Hind tell of a black ship named the Obduco ut Nex lead by who they describe as the Horned Pirate king.

The Horned Pirate King and his crew managed to take over half of the Silver Hinds cargo, before heading north from Vesper.

Where the Obduco ut Nex went from there is unknown.

The Scramble will take place when 'Tim the Drunkard' a member of the Obduco ut Nex crew is fed enough rum that he foolishly lets slip on the whereabouts of the pirates stashed hoard of Silver.

As i am able to predict the future, i predict he will reveal the location at around 9pm (gmt) in Swaggers Inn on Wednesday 22nd of September.

What i hope will happen is that we will see a mass battle with all RP guilds involved, all fighting for possession of the Silver Coins, get greedy people !

The Following rules will apply during the great scramble :-

No 30 minute rule !, if you fall you may rejoin the mayhem as soon as you are ressed and take your deathrobe off.

Silver Loot ! Silver coins and the Britannian Silver Co. crates are stealable and lootable from your dead body, so expect to see thieves. Remember to bring a hatchet or lockpicks to get at the silver inside the crates.

No time limit ! , The event will start when the location has been revealed at 9pm and could potentially last for days so long as people are happy to stay there and fight.

Spontaneous RP ! I have no idea what will happen, i'd like everyone to forget their alliances and turn on each other for maximum fun, but it's not up to me and RP events never go to plan, so anything could happen.

Remember ! If you don't want to fight, you don't have to, use your imagination on other ways of getting your hands on the silver or just join in the event. The majority of us are experienced enough now to see who wants to fight and who dosen't, but as always you should expect to get hit from time to time.

I hope you all have a lot of fun during this event, it's been a long time since we did a mass Europa RP event but we hope this will be the start of a new future for the RP community on Europa.

Sorry about the short notice, but thats how i roll

Spam this thread to all your friends.

Any Questions ?

Charas
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 04:27:44 pm »

Thans simply great!

It will be my first apparemce since years at an RP event.

Hope everyone will have fun!
And I will collect more coins than any other for the glory of Cove!

Cheers,
Charas
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length