Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 07:07:12 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Our new docks.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Our new docks.  (Read 2001 times)
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2011, 12:20:33 am »

It sucks, sure they have used elements of my design, but they put it in a very inconvenient place.

Better then nothing you say? Ppffft! might aswell not have done it at all, that thing wont get used.
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 12:50:24 am »

To be fair, its probably better where it is - at least in terms of not obstructing traffic in and out of the town harbor. I'm not pleased with how much its been simplified - not to mention how ugly and undocklike the design is (its more like they just took a big slab of brown and tossed it into the water), but that's what we get for asking EA to do something. We didn't expect it to be to our tastes. We've seen numerous examples on Catskills and elsewhere of the Devs taking, shall we say, "Artistic license" with submitted designs. We're just lucky they didnt make it pink.

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Atrus Kien
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

It wasnt me... maybe...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 03:13:38 am »

I dont know, it doesnt look THAT bad. Yes it needs something more and it seems that we dont go to llama's point that much, but we could make the best of it. Keres is right, it could HAVE been pink. Then what would poeple think of a pink dock in the mighty cove.

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 08:18:54 am »

Wooden blocks put on water? thats what it is you know, and its too simple and looks unfinished just like the gate in stonekeep, + this is so inconveniently placed. Wish the whole thing would just burn...a nice pyre it would be.
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 08:20:54 am »

It also makes the peninsula less llama-shaped, but its what we've got, so lets just roll with it. I can understand you're particularly angry because you're one of the people that designed and submitted the real design in the first place, but we went into this knowing that it was highly unlikely that they'd care what we wanted so much as they would getting it done with minimal effort on their part.

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 04:04:43 pm »

Id prefer a wooden post infront of the barracks over this..
Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 11:40:20 pm »

Yeah.. And the banner entrance isnt at a place where a boat can actually set up anchor in front of..

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length