Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:47:58 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Report] ~ Portrait of Thomas Aylmer for the Arcanist HQ.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Report] ~ Portrait of Thomas Aylmer for the Arcanist HQ.  (Read 2060 times)
Leander
Arcanist
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

Le BLAAAAH

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2011, 03:09:13 am »

*A report is pinned to the top corner of the canvas*

Thomas aggressively decided for me that I should paint his portrait that will hang in the Arcanist HQ forever, or until it gets blown up anyway. Reluctantly I agreed. I do like to paint as evidenced by  one: my picture of retired Commander Raiden Morana and two: my colorful reports; so I asked myself— “how hard can this be?”.

Pretty hard. Alackaday! I decided that I would paint a master piece something that really sums up Thomas, but to be an artist is to be a TORTURED SOUL. So I set to work, scouting Cove for inspiration and agonizing over my painters block in various locations. Then I had to go to Yew of all places and steal some chicken eggs to make paints. When I first created his portrait it looked sort of like he was wearing a violet dress— see my report sketches. Finally, the muse spoke to me! She appeared to me in the form of a llama wearing a Covian cap and she filled my paintbrush with inspiration. I was able to capture the arcanist is his “HRRRRAAAAH” pose, notice how he has flexed his arm whilst conjuring a great fire in his hand. I put a few explanatory notes on the painting with arrows. Coupled with oil on canvas, I feel this can better illuminate the ENIGMA THAT IS THOMAS.

In a vision of dashing and resplendent originality I have appropriately titled the piece Thomas Aylmer, Junior Arcanist, (but you must say it with a Skara Braen accent.) And now I shall throw my easel and paints out my window and never paint again, flame striking things is far more entertaining and profitable!

*signed messily with a paint brush*
Leander Le Blanc,
Junior Guardsman

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 10:00:30 am »

*Ilyana reads over the report over and over, glancing at the portrait several times, smirking*

It seems like Aylmer -really- wants that portrait of himself in the headquarters... Very well, as he did donate so many herbs for it and now even hired a painter for it, I shall hang this portrait of him at the most... well... amazing spot then.

Ilyana, Arcanist Corporal

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length