Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:30:27 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Silver...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Silver...  (Read 1920 times)
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2011, 01:35:00 am »

I was reading this thread and wondered what our silver system is...? I noticed Nathaniel Hawk mentioned Cove in relation to it so I'm assuming we're using this method to some extent, just wondered in what way. I think its a marvellous idea and if we actually have a central power for the allocation of Covian silver I'd like to offer up the pile I have since I certainly don't use it. I will if you pay me it though ! Grin
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 01:41:59 am by Kas Valentine » Logged

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 07:34:34 am »

Well, we really want to make silver as the only acceptable currency in BoC, mostly because of the reasons which stand in the link you posted (gold has no value at all, as you likely kill a mongbat and have enough gold to buy 5 ales at a RP tavern).

However, as we're reworking a big part of our own envirement, we accept both currencies, gold and silver, as otherwise there would be too much of a change. However, if you pay another char something, may it be for an ale or a suit, we prefer it of course in silver, to get the whole system slowly floating.

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 08:52:41 am »

S'fair play then, I shall keep that in mind when making transactions !

Since Cove is in the process of reworking its own environment does that mean it'll be some time before guardsmen are paid in silver coins, or what...? If its a case of lacking the appropriate amount of silver I'm more than happy to give Command what I have (about nine thousand I think), whether it helps or not. I completely agree with the thread when it says the gold alternative makes the economy far more realistic, so the sooner we're crossing palms with silver the better. Smiley

Alfred Bohr
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 07:38:43 am »

Whereabouts would we get silver, anyway?... Probably sounds like a stupid question but please do find it in your heart ^_^

Also, as a side note, does this mean when the mongbats kill me, they'd be able to get half a pint of ale's worth?

*Signed neatly* Alfred Bohr, Guardsman Recruit
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 10:51:44 am »

As I understand it silver would gradually work its way into the hands of guardsmen via payment for duties. As a result of this it would then work its way into the wider Covian community (and the roleplay community as a whole) via its use to pay for goods and services that you would normally use gold to pay for.

And for the record Alf, if a mongbat was lucky enough to best you in combat they would naturally become a hero to their kin.

But that'll never happen, you're Alf, you cannot be killed. Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length