Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:41:25 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Junior Trials for Leanne Melior
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Junior Trials for Leanne Melior  (Read 2895 times)
Sergio
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2011, 02:15:42 pm »

Since you think you're ready for your trials I'm forced to actually make them and to be honest I half expected you to die or run off with a partner.

First Trial ~ To much Pride

As you may have noticed some of the soldiers have become extremely prideful and have even started making there own special nicknames and such.  As a Scout hopeful pride and being a braggart in general is a bad thing, the job of a scout is to remain quiet and not talk about what they see, it goes without saying that revealing that you were spying on someone is a bad idea, secrets keep you alive.  That being said being prideful doesn't do much good for any soldier so your task is to give a lecture on humility. The requirements are as follows below and based on who I feel will benefit the most from it.

Requirements:
Four guardsmen must attend excluding yourself
Three of the four must be junior or above in rank
One of the four must be a Squaded arcanist, due to there pension for bragging it'll do them well.
Must be at least 30 minutes long.

Suggestion: I suggest having a member of the church about for this to help you emphasize the virtue

Second Trial ~ The Long Haul

As a Scout hopeful and since you want to be a junior you'll be expected to know where the hell you're going, That being said I'll give you a choice in what you will do for this trial.  The first choice is to lead a group of guardsmen through the Lost lands from the passage into Delucia to the lighthouse in the north of the land.  Your second option is to lead a Group of guardsmen through Ilshenar from the Humility Shrine to the Chaos Shrine.  Your final choice will be to lead a group of guardsmen through the Abyss from the entrance in the underworld to the exit in Ter Mur.  The choice is yours.

Requirements:
Must have at least 3 other guardsmen attend

Suggestion: Try to avoid the most dangerous obstacles in any of the routes to keep those you're leading safe.

Third Trial ~ The Citizenry

The Army of cove exist to protect The Baron, The People, and the land of Cove that being said this trial is focused on the citizens of cove.  The citizens of cove are the life blood of of the land they make the food, armor, weapons, clothing, and all other commodities needed to make life even bearable in cove.  Though due to recent activities it seems the citizens aren't as safe as they should be, this is where your trial begins, You will lead a sentry at the border of Cove and teach those in attendance the proper protocol for keeping any civilian safe in violent situations.

Requirements:
At least 3 other guardsman must be in attendance
At least 2 recruits or watchmen must attend

(All trials should be reported by you and do not count towards duties or reports)

*Signed*
Sergio Jarrett
Regular Scout
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:09:53 pm by Linaeus » Logged
Sergio
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 12:47:28 pm »

((Updated with an Edit))
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 01:20:38 am »

The Long Haul

In Attendance
Leanne Melior, Watchman and leader
Gregor Eason, Senior Guardsman
Jassi Cowin, Junior Guardsman
Xavier Kage, Watchman
Cal'ain Cui'gnir, Watchman
Aleri Briggs, Guardsman Recruit

As ordered, I did gather a handful of men at the barracks and decided to lead them from Ilshenar humility gate, towards chaos. I decided against the abyss because of it's extremly powerful creatures, and against the Lost Lands because of its endless roads leading to nowhere. We moved towards the Covian gate, where we met Senior Eason and his horse Rupert.

I admit, the vegetation around the humility gate made it sometimes hard to orientate. However, I decided to lead the men all the way through south, the mere town, rather than taking the shortpass through Karnaugh or the Ankh Dungeon, as my orders were to avoid dangerous obstacles.

The very last we expected at the healers fountain, was an Exodus Minion. Whoever knows what it wanted there. We made short process with it and kept on moving. And once more something unusual for this region crossed our path. A lowland boura in the middle of the mere town. Eason's horse went quite wild, seeing a furry companion... Pure oddness...

Rest of the path went quite well, lots of enemies around the honesty gate, a golden foe here and then, but nothing to worry about.

Last real test was a succubi waiting for us near the chaos gate. However, after she went out of mana, we shot a few arrows at her and stabbed her with our swords and brought her down quickly. Back at the barracks, everyone except myself and Eason, who had to leave us after the second gypsy camp, donated their share of 2,000 gold.

Leanne Melior, Watchman

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 03:35:31 am »

Fine work, Watchman! And well led!

Gregor Eason
Senior Guardsman, Covian Army

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 10:24:06 am »

Too much Pride

In Attendance
Leanne Melior , Watchman and leader
Kas Valentine, Senior Arcanist
Kelban, Guardsman Recruit

So, next part of my trials were to hold a speech of humility. My humility may be all played, but at least I show it to my superiors. However! I gathered the few handful men in Cove to teach them some about the most difficult of all virtues to understand. The required numbers nor the required ranks could be found that day, however, s'all about tryin'.

First I teached them, that the sign of humility is the sheepherd's crook. Indeed, those sheep lovers, don't think of them any as Yewmen, are indeed humile people. They live in absence of Love, Honour and Truth, thus leading to pride, but noticing that and leave it behind - True humility.

Also told them a thing or two about the Mantra, which is called "Lum", and the opposive dungeon. Indeed, there is not known of any, but some say it could be Doom, others say it could be the Stygian Abyss.

With quotes of Lord Blackthorn and the story of Katrina, a companion of the Avatar and resembled with humility, I ended the lesson about this tricky virtue.

Leanne Melior, Watchman

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 12:25:25 pm »

The Citizenry

In Attendance:
Leanne Melior, Watchman and leader
Jassi Cowin, Regular Guardsman
Leith Keres, Junior Scout
Aleri Briggs, Watchman
Fritz Segur, Guardsman Recruit
Riker Vaklu, Guardsman Recruit
Kelban, Guardsman Recruit

So, with the presence of my mentor Jarrett, I thought I best get myself busy and finish these annoying trials he set me some while ago. Once I gathered the men, I've sent them towards the Altmere Outpost and got myself some saws.

Once the expirienced guardsmen told the younglings what is needed for a sentry, I divided them in groups to gather wood and hides. The building of the three-level sentry went quickly, as everyone showed their best and helped building. As I write this, I recall that Junior Scout Keres still has my axe...

Whie guarding, I teached them about security measures for both, the town of Cove, by leading sentries and patrouilles, and security measures of the sentry itself. Like, using passwords to enter, or ask them things only a Covian would know.

We suddently got interrupted by a passing orc. Recruit Vaklu got my order of "Deal with him" a bit wrong and attacked. Altho every Covian know that this means "Bay him". Once we injured the orc, we commenced operation kick-and-toss. One less orc in this world.

We kept guarding, and eventually, the very emotional younglings hunted Keres, because he forgot the password and did let a suspicious lookin' chap pass by towards Cove, without asking him for his business. There's still some things to learn for them, even for me I have to admit, but expirience comes from doing. I doubt even Valiro Gryphonclaw was the awesomness he is today in his early days.

Leanne Melior, Watchman

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length