Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:54:35 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Guardsman Duty - Re-Equipping Raiden
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Guardsman Duty - Re-Equipping Raiden  (Read 1527 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 11, 2018, 08:32:14 am »

Guardsman Duty completed by:
Kelly Sanderson, Senior Guardsman.

In attendance:
Raiden Morana, Senior Guardsman.

Still covered in filth, grime and blood from the evening's attack on the orc fort, Raiden and Kelly stood in a bare room of her new abode.

'It's a bit spartan lass.' He grinned.
'I only just moved in! She countered. 'I'm still unpacking and it's no barer than your chest. Go put some clothes on!'
'I've got clothes on!' He said, looking down at his kilt and wiggling his booted toes.
'I mean your armour.'
'It's lost, lass. I'm waitin' on the bloody quartermaster.' He sighed heavily. 'When I got back from the colonies, there was nothin' 'ere. Nay wife, nay child, nay home, nay kit... I dumped the rags I had been ridin' around in, in the woods.' Guilt and anger rising in him.
'Wait here.' Kelly smiled softly. A few moments later she returned with a finely carved, wooden chest. Two golden embossed 'V's' on it's lid.

'It's Vince's old guardsman armour, from before you both joined the Grenadiers. He... He would have wanted you to have it.' She said, holding back her tears.
Raiden, choking up a little, lifted the box's lid and placed a hand on the dark, iron mail. 'Kel'...' He looked up at her. 'Now you don't have charge around naked!' She grinned. Raiden's laughter echoed loudly around the bare stone walls. 'I've kinda been enjoyin' it!'
'I'm sure you have, Raidy.' She grinned and left the room so he could change. When she returned, Raiden was hefting his mace and shield. 'How do I look?'

Forcing a glassy eyed smile, the former Scout Sergeant replied 'Y... You look like a soldier again.' Raiden's big shoulders sagged, letting his mace and shield fall to the floor, he walked over to her, wrapping his arms around her, he said softly. 'Aye lass, I miss him too.'

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Senior Guardsman.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 11:34:04 am »

(OOC: Apologies for the OOC but I must. This nearly brought a geeky tear to my eye. Wearing Vince Valentine's old armour... Damn man, that's profound).

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 01:18:19 pm »

(OOC: Apologies for the OOC but I must. This nearly brought a geeky tear to my eye. Wearing Vince Valentine's old armour... Damn man, that's profound).

(OOC: It certainly pulled on the heartstrings RPing it out Cheesy but it was fun to write up. I miss my Grenadier bruddah  Cry )

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length