Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:45:49 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A Hearty Romp through Tokuno
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Hearty Romp through Tokuno  (Read 2822 times)
Talon
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2018, 01:22:28 am »

A Hearty Romp through Tokuno

Led by:
Kelly Sanderson, Corporal

Those attended:

Elizabth Martin, Officer Cadet
Leanne Melior, Officer Cadet
Tiberius, Senior Guardsman
Marcus Kobra, Regular Guardsman
Keitaro Kazami, Regular Guardsman
Gimbly, Regular Guardsman
Jassi Cowan, Regular Guardsman
Nicolae Sorin, Watchman
Talon, Watchman
Duncan, Watchman
Tereleith, Watchman
Serj Eason, Guardsman Recruit

Note: My memory is a bit faded by all the blows taken that I may o'forgotten one or two. Please let me know and I will reflect that in the report.

Second Note: On the forced march out o'the dungeon, I did stumble and fall, losing all me sketches. For those that were there, ye know how dangerous them fan dancing witch whores be. Tell the truth, I hadn' run that far since I be a youth and me legs nearly fell off. Being that so, I dared not stop and fumble for them sketches, though some were epic, for fear of being entranced by those fan dancing witch whores - or worse - I don' know what them do to their prisoners but, aye, I could imagine foul and nasty things.

The Romp

On a bright an cheery morn that saw promotions, appearances of friends of old, sentry duty, and whining Vesperians, Corporal Sanderson decided it be a grand idea to exercise our swinging arms in a good ole' romp into Tokuno Islands - Fan Dancer Dojo

I think we all agreed.

The arcane arts spirited us away to the fell island, but were delayed whilst we waited for others to swell our ranks - and as time would show - we needed every brave Covian.

Once all were ready, we entered the terrible dungeon and met resistance nay five length of man inside. Foul deamons bore down on us like a mud slide after heavy rains. We all formed on the Corporal and slew the lot o'them with ease. Healing those in the first ranks went well and we progressed further into the lair of evil.

Passing through anti-chambers lined with the dead - guts disemboweled, foul smells of rotting meat (surely the sacrifices of the devil beasts and dancing whores) - we met a dastardly number of Headless corpses feeling their way around for their next meal. Them headless ones ain' too much a problem, 'cept they kept grabbin at cha whilst Deamons cast their flames and them dancing whores cut you with twirling, whirling fan blades.

Indeed, I believe it was on the second level of that fell dungeon that the first of us fell wounded and needed a good stichin. We formed on the Corporal again and protected the injured, stichin and binding as best we could while swingin and knocking them bastards back. Soon, we got the upperhand while corpses of the dead minions hordes, dancing whores, and fell deamons piled so high it nearly build us a sentry post.

Once all were treated well enough, we progressed to the third layer. The resistance grew, more of us fell, and our spirits tested. Corporal gave the order to fall back orderly and we dragged the wounded, including the Corporal herself at one point, and regrouped in an area cleared before.

After patching the wounds again, we knew we had to give it one more try to recover some lost items. We charged in again, dealing blows, felling whores, dispatching minions, and doing Cove proud. We beat them back nigh to the end of the layer, but a call sounded - horns in the deep - and their numbers swelled. All were hurt in some way, our bandages low, and the number of wounded high.

We fell back again. This time Corporal Sanderson, noting the dire situation, ordered a force march back the way we came. This is where I being smashed pretty good fell and spilt my sketches on the dungeon floor. Alas.

We made it out.

However, having a less than graceful retreat, the enemy commander alerted his guards outside and we stumbled into more deamons, fan dancing whores, and minons a'plenty. Another of us fell, wounded by a fan blade to the groin. I couldn't see who it was, but tomorrow I'm sure will be a long day for em.

We beat them.

And we left then. Bruises, bandages, blood, dents, but we gave em hell and smote five times our number in their own lair.

We drank then. I do have a sketch o'that.

"pins sketch to report*

Signed
Talon, Watchman

Screech Screech Screech
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 07:04:32 am »

Well report, recruit! We sure showed those fan dancin' whores!

As I recall, we collected around 40,000 coins, and as everyone donated, that'll make a share of about 3,000 for each.

Leanne Melior, Officer Cadet

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 07:12:15 am »

Aye, damn fine report Talon!

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Gimbly
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 07:48:09 am »

*looks at the report*
Nay bad of a report but we have squads in our fine army as ye might noticed.
Green be that sneaky light company, then the book throwers of the arcanist squad and
ye may have noticed em bronze and golden shiny thingens that be nay a bronze golem but em Grenadiers.
*signed*
Gimbly, Regular Grenadier

Society for Putting Things on top of Other Things(tm)
Aralin Eroecia
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 08:34:46 am »

Great report recruit t'was a pleasure serving by your side keep up the good work...

Signed Tereleith, Watchman

Badges Held : Nujel'm Campaign
Serj Eason
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 05:06:29 pm »

I got some sketches matey!

Corporal Sanderson announces we be venturin' ter Tokuno!

We get stuck in! I scream the war cry of Nu'jelm, much ter everyone's displeasure..

We advance quickly through the corridors of the Tokes' base.

Corpses quickly pile up, makin' it difficult to move around.

That crazy sexy creature approaches..!

The rest of the guardsmen abandon me..

But a real beaut decided I be worth savin'!

Us brothers in arms kickin' back at The King's Deer.

For my family.

Holder of The Golden Quill and The Ribbon of Activity.

Serj Speaks: A Bard's Journal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length