Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:49:48 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Report] After recruitment training
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Report] After recruitment training  (Read 1369 times)
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2018, 06:10:18 pm »

*Leanne glances at Garshinkles report over and over, shaking her head displeased*

Now, tha' report is beyond laziness! Needs some fixin'!

In Attendance:
Leanne Melior, Officer Cadet and leading
Marcus Kobra, Regular Guardsman
Saerandir Sally Geoffriker, Watchman
Osric Fritz Frizzelwi Fizzle Whatshisname, Guardsman Recruit
Garshinkle, still Recruit at the time
Tingleith, also still a recruit at the time

Phase One - Basic drills

The men were hungry and thirsty after the recruitment stall held by Kobra, so as a good officer, I did let them wait a bit longer and ordered them to attend a training.

We started with the basic orders, such as Trackers Line, Sound off, Number off and all that fancy stuff. I didn't expect it, but they managed to follow the orders fairly well. Only counting seemed to be a bit difficult for some of them. Perhaps Officer Pickles should hold an hour or two and teach them how to count to at least ten, and they'll be fine soldiers.

Phase Two - Crosshealing

One of the most important parts of fighting huge and mean and tough foes, is to stand in formation and always keep each other up. This was also the fun part, as Sally and I got to randomly shoot the other.

They did well with crosshealing each other, although it took them sometimes a moment to react when we switched our targets. But not too long. I'm actually a tiny bit proud how well they handled themselves.

Phase Three - Last Man Standing

I ended the training the classical way. A free for all, and all of them participated. As I recall, either Kobra or Garshinkle were the first one to kiss the floor, quickly followed by the new guy Osric.

I tried to team up with Sally to bring Ting down, and even though it was very close sometimes, Sally's inability to hit someone standing right in front of him, made it impossible for us to take her out.

After a while, I got bored of them running around and shot Sally down. Quickly after that, I blinded Ting with a smoke bomb and called to cease, because I ain't letting her win it didn't make much sense for me to fight a shield wearing maniac soldier in a closed area.

Leanne Melior, Officer Cadet
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 06:21:01 pm by Leanne Melior » Logged

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 06:41:34 pm »

Damn fine work cadet!

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length