Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 04:11:07 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Protection of the Altmere outpost.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Protection of the Altmere outpost.  (Read 1725 times)
Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2005, 07:18:46 pm »

The protection of the Altmere Outpost was overal Lead by Commander Gregor Eason, but during the time we were protecting, many were chosen as leaders of seperate squads.
           Firstly, we were split into two squads, one was lead by Scout Corporal Valiro, the other was lead by Senior Guardsman Tiberius/Junior Guardsman Cor'Ari Ta.

We were sent to the Altmere outpost, which was not very far so we were not tired out whatsoever once we got there. We quickly gathered up some crates and some hides for the fortress its self.
           Whilst we were doing this, a strange Orc-looking creature arrived, many of us told him to go away and leave us to making the fortress but he would not co-opertate. We threatened him that if he did not leave us, he would regret he, after this threat he ran off and was not seen again.
           Once we had the fortress set up , Commander Eason peacefully sat down inside the Altmere Outside and about his job of paperwork and the like.

Most of the two Squads protecting the fortress and outpost

For a little while we thought that everything was fine and that we were not going to get attacked or annoyed by any silly bandits or drows...but we were wrong...
We were then attacked by a robed man wearing a strange mask, alot of us called him, 'the rabbit' but to me he did not resemble a rabbit at all. A group of us surrounded him once we had knocked him over and he was dazed, but somehow got away,
"You fools!" Valiro shouted, as we saw the masked man run down the road and disappear out of site. We waited there for a good 5 minutes, thinking that he would turn up again, luckily we were wrong, so we headed back to the fortress.

After everything had gone peaceful again and we thought that we were safe at last, I heard a huge explosion coming from the north side of the fortress, i turned and rushed towards the gate. Many recruits were shouting words such as 'explosion' and 'rabbit'. We then all turned quickly around as we heard another explosion coming from the south,
"Don't go out! It may be a trap!" I warned as many of them were getting ready to fight. We waited in silence...but nothing broke the silence, except the whispering of Dormack Shander's spell casting.
           After a while, Junior Guardsman Cal'Ari Ta decided to take Recruit Garand out to scout the area, but came back with nothing to inform us about.

The only thing after that, that seemed to annoy us was the loud shouts of Brigands capturing an innocent noblewoman in the distance, i decided to go stop these nasty villains.

Me rescuing a Noblewoman *grins*

"Righ', let's pack up and go home guys" Junior Guardsman Co'Ari Ta ordered with a sound of relief in his voice.

The ending to the day was as blunt as the ending to this report, we packed up, and went home

...going home...

*signed*
Watchman Drachir

Gregor Eason
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 07:27:00 pm »

Excellent piece, Watchman Drachir!

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length