Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:30:38 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A Request for the Militia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Request for the Militia  (Read 2302 times)
Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2005, 03:25:54 am »

*The letter is written in neat, fancy script; each letter is perfectly formed.*

To all members of the fine Covian Militia:

All too often, I find guardsmen loitering about the Militia Barracks with nothing to do. I see reminders here on this board of how farmers need help with their fields and streets need to be patrolled. I imagine these duties must sound droll to the average guardsman, and thus I propose a solution!

As one who supplies the militia with the armor and weapons they need to defend out fine town, I find I am in need of leather! And not just any leather. This leather comes from the hides of creatures such as lizardmen, ratmen, and giant snakes. It's usually recognized by a blueish hue and trademark spines.

So, if some of you guardsmen find yourself with nothing to do, go and practice your battle skills against these creatures! And when you're finished, use a knife to skin them. You can cut the hides into useable leather, but if you do not know how, just drop the hides off at the store! I have placed a box outside in which you can drop off the leather. I would very much appreciate it!

I will pay ten gold crowns per yard of leather. A thousand yards of leather would equal ten thousand crowns! I realize this pay is meager in comparison to other merchants, but this leather is destined for use in the name of the Baron!

Humbly yours,
Levi Anesca

[OOC: In case you don't feel like reading, this is the mission statement: I'm paying 10 gold for every piece of Spined Leather you can gather. 20 spined leather = 200 gold pieces. You can do the math from there. So if you ever find yourself with nothing to do, go hunt some lizardmen, ratmen, giant serpents, and other low-level creatures and take their hides. At the moment, this offer has no expiration. You can hunt on your own or you can make some events. Either way, I appreciate the effort.

I've locked down a container outside the store, in case you collect leather and I'm not around to pay you for it. The container is fixed so that you can put items into it, but can't take them out. If I'm not here and you've collected leather, put it into that container and leave a message (or a report!) here, and I'll get back to you. Or! You can drop me a message at my pigeon number: 174-674-957. Thanks.]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 02:31:24 pm by Veldrin » Logged

[03:19:28] Shadwell (BoC): We should get married.
[03:19:50] Shadwell (BoC): And dont quote me in your sig
                                  -----
[01:17:32] Tiberius Oct: I blamed Americans.
[01:17:58] Tiberius Oct: Then we chuckled and went back to eating crumpets and colonizing developing nations.
Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 11:38:50 am »

Uhm, I,  for one, do not know where your shop is...do you think it would be possible to perhaps, place a few runes in the Vendor outside the Barracks? Then we can all find your shop quite easily...

*grins*

*signed*
Junior Guardsman Drachir

Veldrin
An Old Flower
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 01:48:39 pm »

Oh, my apologies! I was quite inspecific, wasn't I? By "store," I meant the military stores just north of the barracks. I believe the building also acts as the Covian Hospital and Smithy.

Dearly apologetic,
Levi Anesca

[03:19:28] Shadwell (BoC): We should get married.
[03:19:50] Shadwell (BoC): And dont quote me in your sig
                                  -----
[01:17:32] Tiberius Oct: I blamed Americans.
[01:17:58] Tiberius Oct: Then we chuckled and went back to eating crumpets and colonizing developing nations.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length