Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:22:20 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Goin' fer a strole in the Fire Temple
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Goin' fer a strole in the Fire Temple  (Read 1943 times)
Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2005, 03:40:31 pm »

Leader, Watchman Robert Fripp
Squad, Junior Anari (who joined us in the middle), Junior Drachir and Watchman Garand (who left in the middle)

As Drachir had finished his daily shop browse and had gone and bought him self a valorite Cutlass, he went to the Barracks for a mug o' Ale and a think. Once he got there he saw Garand and Robert Fripp, Robert was telling the other Watchman about his time in the Fire Temple, and how he had killed so many of the deamons there. I asl him if we should go now, and he agreed

Watchman Fripp looked like he knew what he was doing, so i decided to let him lead this one...

We used Mr Fripp's runebook to get there, and we appeared right outside the entrance of the Fire Temple. We could hear screams of pain and terror coming from inside the Temple, and every now and then heard a roar from a Dragon or Deamon. Mr Fripp did not look afriad at all and so ventured inside, with us directly on his tale.

We first went up upon the big shrine, where many deamons lurked, waiting for any willing volunteers to be eaten alive. They must be very clever creatures for they kept appearing out of nowhere. I decided to ignore this and carry on helping my fellow guardsman.

a sketch of the deamons we had defeated, and were defeating

We thought we were doing extremely well seeing as all of us were still standing proud and none of us had needed to run away and hide. But...suddenly we heard the roar of a Dragon, and the pounding of its footsteps on the Stoned floor of the shrine. We saw it running up the steps towards us. There was nothing we could do. We had 3 deamons lashing at us from the North, and a giant Dragon pounded towards us from the South. Nowhere to run...nowhere to hide, all we could do was fight.

Unluckily we and Garand were knocked out and it took as us a while to be picked up and able to battle once more...all that was left was Robert, fighting for his life, aswell as mine and Garand's.

"Never fear! Anari's here!" Shouted Anari running at us, clashing his mace against his shield.

We were saved, another fighter to help us against these evil creatures. After a long time, they finally smashed the dragon to the floor, and they were Victorious.

No sooner had they defeated that one, and picked Garand and I up, another one was pounding towards us. This time, we decided to get a better ground. Being trapped on a high shrine was not the best ground for battle.
We round down the stairs and onto the soil.

"FORM!" Fripp shouted, we all huddled together.

"Where the 'eck is Garand!?" Anari yelled across the Temple.

We had no time to find him, for the Dragon had caught up, and we were fighting for our lives once more. However, this one was easier, none of us were knocked, and we had survived the temple.

We hath defeated the vile Dragon.

"Hmm, i think its time we 'ead back Fripp." i said, still wheezing from the fight.

"Mhm, a'ight, lets go"

We returned home, using Fripp's runebook once more. I started from where I had left off, i sat down with a mug o' Ale.

*signed*
Junior Guardsman Drachir

Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 04:01:06 pm »

Exceptional report Junior, looks like the Covians came out on top -once again- on those hideous beasts. Well done!

Ahmed Al Maktoum,
Grenadier Sergeant

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 07:36:18 pm »

ACK all that leather just left lying there!!!! for futore refrence lads if ye can skin em do so if noone else will have it ill take the leather off you hands for a modest amout of crowns to put in ye pockets

Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 01:41:26 pm »

*slaps forehead*

O' course! How could I've forgotten! Should've got those lovely hides!

[noted: will do it next time]

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length