Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:47:21 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  *a note addressed "To the new Baron or ruler of Cove"*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *a note addressed "To the new Baron or ruler of Cove"*  (Read 2008 times)
Kaelith Anar
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2005, 07:26:30 pm »

Dear Ruler of Cove,

It seems that since the departure of your former Baron, Cove continues to wear his livery and operate as normal. I presume someone else has taken charge and I wish whoever you maybe all the best for the future, but this is not why I write.

A group of Covians marched through Vesper in their uniforms and refused to leave when ordered. Now I know well there is a treaty being arranged and I hope to see a new alliance forged between our peoples once again. For the time being though there is no treaty, but only a cease fire, that means no Vesperians go to Cove and no Covians come to Vesper and there are no hostilities between our people. Until the treaty is signed and agreed upon I expect you to make sure your people follow these guide lines and if they wish to take a pilgrimage, they go round.

I do nay regret my orders, they showed nothing but disrespect to me when I asked them to leave. I had no choice but to have them removed. I hope a valuable lesson has been learnt. Loyalists have caused us much harm over the years, I know this better than most men and will act swiftly to any injustices.

For the future though, as long as we are now safe in the knowledge there is a cease fire, I wish all the best to your people and to whoever I maybe writting too and I trust a peace treaty can be agreed upon.

Yours Sincerely,

Sir Kaelith Anar,
Knight of Vesper,
Captain of the Militia.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 01:57:16 pm by Kaelith Anar » Logged
Gregor Eason
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 02:02:59 pm »

The Commander studied the letter with some seriousness, but forced a grin when discovering the name of the writer of the letter. Dipping his feather in ink, he began to scribble...

Dear Sir Kaelith Anar, Knight of Vesper, Captain of the Militia.
I would not have thought our paths would cross again, old mentor. T'is I, Gregor Eason, once Commander of the great Cove Militia, and one could say.. easily an apprentice of your tactics and experience in the van of battle. I am not dead. T'was an action I was advised to take when guardsmen of Yew discovered involvement in a revolt against their leadership.

However, moving onto the matters at hand, I apologise profusely for the violation of the Covian guardsmen. As ye know, t'was not meant with ill intent, but an act of Faith to their deity, the Avatar.

We have both served long enough to know the arrogance of most soldiers; t'is only their duty to be over proud in defending their Lord and land, and so I hope that this event will not dismay any further discussions Cove and Vesper shall be having in regards to the new Peace Treaty.

It is confirmed. For now, there is a Cease Fire. And for now, no Covian forces shall be seen in Vesper land. If there are any more mishaps, please come forward again as ye have here.

Yours sinclerely,
Commander Gregor Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length