Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:45:28 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  True Covians.. RISE!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: True Covians.. RISE!  (Read 2557 times)
Gregor Eason
« on: November 13, 2005, 08:29:59 pm »

*a deftly scribbled message is placed up on the Barracks wall*

A Deliverance From Evil
Some of ye have served the Militia for many days; and those of ye will know the corruption and deceit of the Covian Church. Their scrawny Clergymen exist only to befoul and misguide the true spirit of Cove.

As Commander of the Militia, I exist to serve a greater cause, and thus.. I find it upon me to take this responsibility, and see that the Covian Church is removed from our way of life.

I am a firm Avatarian, but the Covian Church feeds us only lies. Only a fool would call its teachings the word of the Avatar.

There are some of ye, who will resist. Who have already been bound to the Covian Church perhaps through ignorance or fear. But to those who are strong AND willing..

To those who are true brothers and sisters of Cove...
Join me in OUR quest to defeat the Covian Church, once.. and for all!

** If your heart remains true to Cove, dye ye sash crimson using this tub. And await my instructions. **

Commander Eason, True Covian
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Gregor Eason
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 11:54:49 pm »

The former Church sent on its way.

And so, the spirit of Cove vanquished those that were corrupt; and the path of Righteousness began to seem clear.

Commander Eason, True Covian
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Gregor Eason
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 12:30:25 am »

Eason sighed and rested back in his chair.

Today.. he had perhaps become one of the most controversial Covians to date. He had led a rebellion against the rule of the now former Covian Church; and its efforts saw the Clergymen on their way, making for the Yew Church in Stonekeep.

Eason was an Avatarian; he believed in the Avatar.. But his concepts strayed from that of the former Church, far too many times. He had once before rebelled against the Church's order, then led by Sir Hugo, which saw disastrous consequences..

Ale Revolt - Sunday, 1st May 2005

But now.. With the Templi gone, the Church's strength diminished, Cove had no reason to fear or loathe the corrupt and oppressive religion that had stalked the Baronship lands for many an age.

Rallying the guardsmen.

What would become of Cove? The fading Church states only that Evil would take over, and that the workings of the Guardian had only begun.. Perhaps aye, perhaps nay..
Or would something new rise? Something.. stronger? More devoted to the common soldier and citizen.. A faith that would inspire the hearts and minds of loyal Covians, respecting them each.. Yet.. guiding them along a moral path to the After-Life.

Damnation for Cove?

The Commander rose from his chair immediately, and made for the nearest Shrine. That of Compassion.
On arrival at the Shrine, he composed his thoughts, and entered prayer.
Having brought a parchment and feather, he began to scribble.
It would be a long night..
One does not rewrite religion easily.

Eason prays.
Ben Radau
Short but great!
Covian Regular

Stubborn dwarf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 07:46:02 am »

*searches panikly the barracks*
Where is it? Damn it, where is it?
*scans every inch of the building*
It must be somewhere here, it canīt be...
*curses*
The damn churchies took away the tub, I knew it! A last revenge of the ignorant and arrogant misled freaks! Damn it, I canīt be the only one without a red sash! Me, the first one who recognized the real face of the church in Cove! NONONO!
*vanishes in some dark corners while searching the dying tub*

*signed*
Dwarf - Scout - Junior
Pigeon cage: 16668006
Kazuo Shinrai
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 12:04:36 pm »

Later that night, after most of the comotion of that night's events had faded away,
Cove was asleep. Except for the occasional guardsman standing guard, most of the
Covians were sound asleep. In all the buildings, the lights were dimmed. All buildings,
except one. From outside, one could see a candle being lit in Kazuo Shinrai's office.

Kazuo himself had not witnessed this nights events, as he was too occupied with a
matter of much more importance, at least, it was to him and perhaps soon it shall be
revealed to the rest of Cove.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length