Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 09:48:03 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman's Trial: Bayne - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman's Trial: Bayne - COMPLETED  (Read 2688 times)
Gregor Eason
« on: January 22, 2006, 10:20:23 pm »

Eason noticed the Administrative outfit of the Baronship Household struggling with the increased number of Covian guardsmen, and the various book keeping that came with this expansion. Though his informal duties for the Covian Army did not include drafting Trials for the young and eager Watchmen, Eason decided to take a load off the Household orderlies.
"Hrm. What's this?" Eason picked up a freshly scribbled parchment. "Watchman Bayne, eh..? Yes..."

Watchman's Trial: Bayne
Addressed to Watchman Bayne

Greetings to YOU! Watchman Bayne.
So.. Think you've got the minerals to make Junior Guardsman, eh? Well matey. I tell yer. I've seen a lot of chumps trying to tackle what YE'RE going to tackle, and a lot of them payed the price for thinking they can achieve such a feat.
Who am I kidding? The Trials are a piece of Mongbat tosh. Ye're a skilled chap, especially with that bow, and already know the meaning of the word EFFORT. Flex a bit more of that vocabulary, and see that ye can go earn the pride of the Covian Army.. the Covian Cap.
Gregor Eason, Exploring Officer

Tasks
* Lead a Dungeon Crawl to Wrong.
* Organise a recruitment effort in Britain.

* KILL ALL RATS IN COVE. And construct a bathworks to sterilise and cleanse all Covians.
- Must avoid a recurrance of the Plague now, musn't we? Those bloody Rats.

Conditions
* Dungeon Crawl must include at least FIVE other guardsmen.
* Recruitment effort must include leaflets, and a public stall.
* The effort must last at least twenty minutes!
* The Rat-killing and bathworks must include at least FIVE other Covians.
 - Below is an idea of the bathworks.
* ALL aspects of this Trial must be well documented in THIS thread.

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 02:12:18 pm by Gregor Eason » Logged
Bayne
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 12:13:25 pm »

Hunt to Wrong 24/1/06 19:00 - Attending:
-Bayne, Watchman (leader)
-Vince Valentine, Officer Cadet
-Joey Lanai, Dragoon Corporal
-Gregor Eason, Exploring Officer
-Olchafa Serpernt, Junior Scout
-Jack Sinst, Watchman
-Jyle Russ, Recruit
-Edmund Rufus, Recruit
-Dylan Freewater, Recruit

Thinking it wise to get the largest of my tasks done first I organised a hunt to the dungeon of Wrong to see what damage could be done to the armies of the Juka Kings!

Assembling a good sized force at the barracks we headed off on a long trek into the cold North, finally coming to the huge mountain which housed the extensive dungeon.

Lining up outside I told the men how important it was to keep close at all times and make sure healing was a first priority in a place such as this. Heading inside we first made to the Juka barracks, hoping to catch the bastards in their sleep. Making good use of the simple commands 'Form!' and 'Advance!' I ensured not a single Covian fell whilst we wiped out the entirety of the Juka living quarters and barracks. Satisfied with this I lead the men out of the barracks and into an equally unpleasant part of the dungeon; the torture chamber...

In this foul place, strange floating machines attacked with impossible speed and power dropping two weaker recruits before we could overwhelm the disturbing new Juka technology. Content we had destroyed them all we made our way back outside where I congratulated the men on their grand work and dismissed them. For the Glory of Cove!

Signed,

Bayne, Watchman and Ranger of the Covian Army.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 05:35:49 pm by Bayne » Logged

Dylan
Guest Of Cove

Guardman o' Cove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 01:25:08 pm »

Dylan Freewater Sah, Nay Thomas.

Signed: Dylan Freewater

[OOC] Nice to be mistaken for a famour Welsh poet![/OOC]

Bayne
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 01:41:28 pm »

Ah must've had poetry on the mind aye!

Bayne
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 08:42:27 pm »

Recruitment Parade 25/1/06 19:30 - Attending:
-Bayne, Watchman (Leader)
-Dylan Freewater, Recruit
-Jessica, Burgess (Credited for table making)

My second task was to lead a recruitment effort in the City of Britain. Enlisting the help of recruit Dylan and the excellent table-making skills of the lady Jessica I set about spreading the word of Cove!

Setting up in the centre by the bank me and Dylan began calling people forward to enlist. Several stopped to read my leaflets and I set up an advertisement outside a huge auction that was in progress, filled with dandies and their neon armour.

Coming back from laying the leaflets I ran into one of them Britannian Guards. He challenged me and told me to leave or else! Cheeky egit! I stood my ground and told him to go back to his tyrant King and pile up all the loot he's stolen from the poor. As you can guess he didn't like that and attacked, his second bad move. Three clicks of my crossbow later and he was out cold, in full view of all the bank sitters! Should turn some heads towards Cove I think!

Signed,

Bayne
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 11:14:45 am »

The Covian Baths!

With the aid of my good crafter friend Duke Frost I set out early into the morning to prepare the Covian baths. Taking hot water from the natural springs of Mount Kendall I filled up two pools, one for the ladies and one for the men. The early morning air was soon full of steam and I had to stop myself from jumping in there and then!

Before long Covians started turning up to relax in the inviting waters, many of whom had not had such a bath for over a year!

After a while me and Junior Kas Valentine left the others in the baths and set out into Cove to make an impact on the local rat population. I explained to Kas that we would be taking it three pre-planned targets; the rat queen and her two royal advisors!

Soon enough we had found and mujtilated the two advisors and the hunt could begin for the queen! We found her skulking behind the armourer's shop and quickly dived into the fray.

A grand victory for Cove! Me and Kas would be heroes of the baths! Heading back we took another well earned bath, interupted briefly when lady Jessica ran off with my clothes.

Signed,

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length