Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:45:07 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The invincible sentry...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The invincible sentry...  (Read 1551 times)
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2006, 03:20:59 pm »

Sentry at Cove gates

Led by
: Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine.

Attended by
: Guardsman Recruit Saladin, Watchman Dalamar, Watchman Regdar, Officer Cadet Vince Valentine, Regular Guardsman Thomas Sendrich, Guardsman Recruit Kervos Swordhand, Junior Guardsman Bayne.

Assaulted by
: A filthy scoundrel dressed in black (Junior Guardsman Olchafa Serpernt).

Since tensions have been high lately (what with the Yewish and all) I figured we might need a little extra protection and so I got to work setting up a sentry at the gates of our fair town.

As I erected the crates into a sturdy barricade I was greeted by a pretty little pixie lady who kept flying around the place and bringing sweet cakes for me to eat. Despite these distractions I soon had a worthy sentry post set up and rallied the available guardsmen to positions inside it.

The sentry is populated by the heroes of Cove.

I dipped my pen in the ink and sat ready to chronicle any traffic to and from the town. The mighty Sendrich had decided our manpower wasn't sufficient and hired two local fighters to stand guard at the entrance. Unfortunately he had to leave after a short while and as soon as his back was turned the fighters scampered off in a huff citing money troubles.

Vince Valentine: Permission to take some of the men to check the town is safe and sound sir....?

Kas Valentine: An excellent idea Vince, granted !

He took Watchman Dalamar and Guardsman Recruit Saladin with him leaving our gate forces at something of a disadvantage. No sooner had he disappeared into the streets of Cove than two filthy zombies lumbered up to our barricade and attempted to gain access to our glorious brains town. Thankfully by that time Junior Guardsman Bayne had arrived on the scene and with his help the Undead were dispatched swiftly.

Vince and his patrol returned shortly after the foes had been vanquished and assured me that the town itself was trouble free. I thought at the time that it was terribly convenient for him to be away when our enemies decided to strike, but it was probably coincidence.......or his fat belly slowing him down.

Oh sure it's quiet now that the bloodsucking zombies are dead.

As the afternoon progressed Watchman Dalamar led another patrol into the town to combat the threat of plague from local rats. He returned swiftly having sliced all available rats in half with the assistance of Guardsman Recruit Saladin.

Kas Valentine: Bloody good job there Dalamar, but I hope you kept the meat as it makes one helluva good pie. *nod nod*

A peace descended upon the sentry as jokes were traded, small talk flourished and the remainder of the pixie's cakes were consumed.

All was well until suddenly a scoundrel dressed in black scrambled over our barricade and began assaulting the guardsmen. Poor Vince was caught with a cake halfway down his throat and was put out of action by a coughing fit. I took control and sent the men after the bandit....

Kas Valentine: By the stars capture that rascal and slice off his unmentionables. *points accusingly*

For the love of crumpets catch him already !

During the process of capture we were joined by Guardsman Recruit Kervos Swordhand who proved to be especially sufficient with bladed weapons. However despite our reinforcements the brigand evaded several patrols of the town and in the end we had to give in as the local bell tolled signalling for us to return to the barracks.

All in all it was a very successful sentry which completely prevented the passage of all evil doers into the mighty town of Cove (besides the slippery criminal in black that is Embarrassed).

While we were away from the sentry fighting the Yewish incursion my gatelog was stolen so I have reproduced it as best I can;

• Sendrich's hired goons abandon their posts citing money troubles.
  • Two zombies lumber up to the barricade only to be swiftly eradicated.
  • Vince concocts some kind of homemade explosive and puts the safety of the guardpost at risk.
  • Regdar gets the jitters and informs me that he wishes his mother to know he loves her.
  • Vince convinces Saladin to drink his creation and the recruit turns a horrific shade of green.
  • Dalamar is knocked down by the bandit in black and spends some time relaxing.

State of Cove: Safe for this day.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length