Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:54:47 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman Trial: Mela
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman Trial: Mela  (Read 4260 times)
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2006, 01:16:36 pm »

*Tries to look indifferent* Ah, Mela requires a watchman trial eh? Good, good, I'll make work of it! *The guardsmen around try to stifle their laughter* What?!? You know better then that! I know no favouritism! By Avatar, if she wants that Covian Cap she'll have to complete the grandest Trial ever set upon a watchman!

Watchman Trial: Mela

Tasks

* You shall hold a week of grand promotional campaign to replace yourself with new recruits and watchmen
* The Army is in constant supply of armour, but we lack the ability to craft leather armours. You shall organise a trademission to Trinsic!
* A Junior knows how to fight and can make her fellow guardsmen fight with discipline. To that end, you shall subdue the Obsidian Lair for they are heathens!

Details

* During the promotional campaign you will ensure that for the coming week pamflets are dropped off daily!
* To further increase the possibility to attract new recruits you shall hold a parade through the city of Britain.
* You shall contact Duke Irvyn and obtain an export license for military goods.
* You shall contact a woman named Vanqa in the Elven Quarter of Trinsic and purchase 20 leather uniforms from her.
* To transport the goods back to Cove you will need to contact the Crew of the Indomitable to sail it back to Cove. Ensure the cargo is protected at all times during the journey so utilise as many guardsmen as possible!
* At least 6 guardsmen will accompany you to the Ophidian Lair
* Ophidians being greedy bastards you shall find gold on them. Bring back at least 20.000 crowns for the Church.

Now then! If you manage to complete all that, you have truly earned your Covian Cap!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 04:36:07 pm by Erik Arkay » Logged

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 09:25:39 pm »

Uniforms

After checking up on Trinsic event board's I noticed that "The Trinsic Rose" the tavern that VanQa the elf owned was open from 7' oclock onwards. And after reading my requirements I thought it'd be a good idea to take some men to the Rose for a drink. "Borrowing" some gold off Nic I brought a large bag of civvie clothes and lined up all the men, I can't remember who everyone was though I do know that, Nicholi, Hoagie, Alaric, Drake and Vlad was there. I called them one at a time to pick their outfits and even though Nic decided to go half naked I'd have to say we have some stylish soldiers. Drake decided he would give it "the farmer" look, Alaric "the jester" look, Hoagie "the noble" look and Nic...he was half naked. Before you ask however that was not me in a dress, it was an imposter a cleverly done imposter!

Was getting a bit boring walking along were starting to hurt my bear feet so I just told everyone to force march to Minoc moongate, I didn't care how they got there as long as they did. When we arrived at the moongate we went through to Trinsic, man its so warm there compared to Cove but I soon got used to the weather, I feel sorry fer the more larger members musta been real warm fer them. Anyhow, when we got into the tavern everyone ordered a bottle 'o ale and I introduced myself to VanQa the lady who I am supposed to order the armour from. She seemed reluctant to want to talk to me in private cos SOME PEOPLE and I mean Covians had been rude to her not so long ago, insulting her elven heritage and what not, just hope these people realize that myself and Delc are elven (or well im half actually).

Eventually I managed to talk VanQa into coming and talking in private however I had to have Vlad along since she didn't trust me. Unfortunately she was really reluctant to do the 20 uniforms however she said she would contact me tomorrow on her decision.

*Signed*

Mela

« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 09:48:50 pm by Mela » Logged

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 10:01:35 pm »

The day after as promised VanQa came to the barracks, I were in a bit of a state but it wasn't enough to keep my from striking this deal! VanQa and me stood outside our little tavern for a while saying all the usual friendly stuff. She thankfully agreed to the do the armour BUT she had a few requests which shall be listed below:

• She is treated with respect when in Cove and she is not talked down too.
  • We don't make it known that SHE is the tailor and she doesn't want to know what the armour is used for.

Personally I think that is quite easy to do and I should hope that people do so! I wasn't sure wheather we wanted studded or normal leather so I ordered half and half (if thats incorrect I apologize), each uniform is 800 gold pieces and I THINK overall the gold amount for all the uniforms is 16,000 and I will lead a hunt to get that gold.

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 11:17:56 pm »

After seeing VanQa I thought I may aswell kill two birds with one stone and go get a export license from the duke. After dismissing the men, telling em they could go do what they want (within reason) I took a treek barefooted to Trinsic gates where I waited. Wasn't too long before Nic came along and then the duke accompanied by some weird paladin fella who didn't really say much. After the normal greeting and such I asked him about aquiring a export license, o' course he asked me what I'd be doing with it an such and what I'd be transporting. I told him I were hoping to buy 20 sets of leather armour for Cove of course I kept VanQa's identity to myself since well she doesn't want it told.
Wasn't long before I got the export license, its only tempary but better than nothing the duke said after this runs out and all goes well I can get a perminant one.

*Signed*
Mela

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 06:31:03 pm »

Recruitment Parade

Kelly, Hoagie and Chaffers were all sat idle so I gathered them in a lineup outside the barracks and decided I'd take them on a recruitment parade. I saw Kado and Vlad too but they for some reason refused to come.
So we forced marched to the Moongate (chaffers had ran off early to kindly set me a table up to sit at - Thanks Chaffers!) and then leapt through to Britian. After marching to the man Britian bank and getting in our posistions we had quite a few people asking about us, wanting to join us for example so we directed them all to the tome. However we also had a few death threats and some ghastly man in a Covian uniform (but he wasn't one) wanted to try fight me and Hoagie in Fellucia! How ghastly! But we didn't go (We're not stupid).
When it was time to do the parade Erik arrived to take part and I had the men line up and we preformed the parade, well done lads (and Kelly) t'were really well done and timed, yall followed orders well.
After that I gave the men five minutes to wander around and spread the word of us throught Britian while I placed down a few pamflets. Then after the five minutes was up we did one last leaving parade, was good we actually had people joining in!

*Signed*
Mela

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 08:27:11 pm »

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 04:42:56 pm by Mela » Logged

Joey Lanai
Dragoon Squad Leader
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

........=IIII=........

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 10:37:25 pm »

Great work so far Mela! You've certainly shocked me!

- Joey

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 04:04:32 am »

Patrol to Orphidian Lair and Gold gathering

Attendees:
Raiden,
Vince Valentine,
Erik Arkay,
Kelly,
Joey Lanai,
Edward O'shay,
Darek Milako
Vlad,
Deveriath,
Hoagie,
Mela - leader.

When everyone had arrived I had some mage which I still don't know the name of gate us to Papua bank using my rune and then we marched in the north direction. I'd be there sneaking about earlier terday to mark a map fer the hunt so t'were quite easy to find where I was going.
We fought nothing really challenging on there way there, couple of red cat things, scorpions, stone harpys and mongbats.

Map.

After we arrived outside the desert where the Orphidians lived I formed everyone at the entrance while Joey and Vincent attracted the snake people attention. When they returned it seemed like a whole army of em were following! Witches, warriors and what not. We slew through them quickly and after gathering all the gold we moved forward where more spotted us and dived to get us! But unfortunately for them, we were all on our toes today and knocked em all down! Har!
When finally we cut across the desert and reached their lair I had the men form up at the door and again Joey and Vince attract their attention and lore them too us.
The aim of forming up at the door was that the archers and mages wouldn't be able to be hit! However it didn't quite go according to plan though it worked and we knocked em all down.
Once we'd pummeled a couple more of their reinforcements we had the mage gate us out. Got quite a pile of gold we got over the 20,000 I need fer mah requirements and instead got a gold pile of 36,000 and a cheque for 16,000 which are both stacked upstairs in the barracks.
Thanks to everyone who came was a grand hunt and yer all listened to orders and healed well!

*signed*
Mela

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 07:14:45 am »

Well done with the hunt last night Mela. Well done indeed.

And equally well done with you other tasks to date.

Fantastic stuff Watchmanwoman.

*signed*

Raiden, Senior Grenadier

Raiden whistles as he gets back to cleaning the ophidian slime and blood from his uniform.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 08:08:08 am »

Hoorah! quite the show we gave those snakey fellows eh? Well lead and good job!
*Nods firmly*

Signed
         Vince Valentine
        Senior Grenadier

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 03:41:46 am »

Caravan from Cove to Trinsic

Around 7:50 I lined everyone up outside the barracks and again Kado decided to skip my event! Anyhow, when everyone was ready I grabbed the reins o' the packhorses and we marched to the moongate. On the way we only met a couple of bone bags which were easily disposed of.

On arrival at the moongate I did a quick headcount and then we went through to Trinsic and began trekking round ter the tanners where we were to meet the tailor. However our poor tailor wasn't alone he/she was surrounded by thugs, one whom I knew the name was Dexius. After a while I finally managed to get the tailor in the back room with me to chat however fight errupted and I had ter come out and help kick some baddys butt! We were sucessful but decided to move to the docks quickly while they were still recovering so I asked Erik to lead the men to the docks while i grabbed the tailors cheque! However shortly after I arrived back at the docks smelly Yewish arrived and proceeded to *ahem* kick our arses! Thankfully however the tailor was quick on his/her feet and gated theirself with the goods to safety.

Once everyone had gathered themselves and Kaelyn decided to kick us out of Trinsic
Weasley got his crew working and we began the tideious voyage back ter Cove. Everything were smooth though just a few water elementals who tried their luck (but even in our injured state we beat them up - HAR!).

When finally we got anywhere near Cove I started ter feel a bit motion sick and to make it all better the bleedin sailers tried to see us off at the Orc's docks not Cove docks! However I had none of it and we carried on only a few moments later I couldn't take no more and threw up everywhere, of course I blamed it on Hoagie though, cos yer know..tis his fault aye...tis..

The pay fer the crew were just under 1000 gold which wasn't too bad (compared to the 16,000 we had to pay for the 20 suits of armour!). When I got to the Green Goblin sure enough there our tailor were waiting for the pack horse with all our armour, as said in my last report regarding this I ordered 10 barbed leather armour and 10 barbed studed armour ter make it fair.

I forgot to get a list of people who attended but I'll give it a go off the top of my head:
Erik Arkay,
Hoagie,
Nathan
Dev (?),
Tiberius,
Mela - Leader/ME!
And I really dunnay remeber anyone else, post below if I forgot you!

*Signed*

Mela

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length