Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:41:41 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A probing attack on Vesper's overrun graveyard
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A probing attack on Vesper's overrun graveyard  (Read 1715 times)
Drake Reilly
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2006, 07:54:55 pm »

Lead by: Darek Milako II
Attended by:
Arc, Senior Guardsman
Drake Reilly, Watchman
Roland Dagorian, Templi

As is well known, forces of ophidian soldiers have recently sprung up across Brittania. These uncharacteristic attacks have worried many and Cove cannot overlook the implications of an ophidian outpost within it's region. We have succesfully ridden Vesper of overt loyalist forces, and it is my opinion that we cannot afford to have that city simply fall to another threat. In order to win the hearts and minds of the Vesper citizens, and to differentiate ourselves from the apathetic loyalist armies, I suggested that we do our part to keep the ophidians in check until a larger army could be marshalled.
   I was lucky to be part of a task force of very capable individuals who agreed with my sentiment. We proceeded to the Vesper graveyard where, in an affront to the sanctity of our preceding generations, the ophidians had established their toe-hold. I can report that their strength is based entirely on numbers. Once the initial wave of serpentine footsoldiers was slaughtered, and the fighting reduced to hunting down individual creatures, they were no match for Cove's might. Darek and Roland engaged in an animated discussion regarding the nature of the church's practices. I nearly had to remind them that the snakes were our only enemies, not our fellow Covians.
   Our initial overruning of their position was too much for them to recover from. Their forces in dissarray, we knew that our goal had been accomplished. Though we saught to aid Vesper's defenses, the just-over-ten-thousand gold pieces we had retained from the mission, of course, is destined for the barracks coffers and will be handed over whenever someone is available to receive the sum.

Drake Reilly, Watchman
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 11:10:54 pm by Drake Reilly » Logged
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 08:03:19 pm »

OOC:
It's Roland Dagorian!

Roland/Garak
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »