Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:17:49 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Long gone, seemingly, forever gone...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Long gone, seemingly, forever gone...  (Read 2425 times)
Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2006, 04:22:08 pm »

Hello all dear Covians!

It has been too long! The last time anyone heard from me was half a year ago. And also I left without a word. For that I apologize. However, my intent was to inform you of that. I had come to a phase where there simply was no time left for UO, and my ICQ has malfunctioned. Lost password, and the page to fix that never worked... Strangely enough.

I was also going to post it in the forum that I would quit for a while. But I thought "I'll do it tomorrow" and then all of sudden I had forgotten all about it.

Then after two months I was thinking of returning, and searched for my characters on MyUO and the guild rooster. But noone of my characters where there. I didn't lay much thought to that because I was certain that I would not return. But now half a year later I am thinking of returning again. But before I reactivated my account I wished to investigate my account again. But the same mystery occured again. My characters simply doesn't exist. Not even on MyUO could I find them. It said "You have no character with this name on this shard"... OR something...

So I turned to EA to ask them. After 72 hours and one update of my question they finally resolved it... My question was if characters on an inactive account is invisible to the public or if they simply have been deleted of some reason. They answered that they can't guarantee that characters on an account that has been inactive for 90 days will still exist. Strange? It is to me. My only option is to reactivate and see for myself... But it looks dark... Very dark.

So do anyone of you know if characters on an inactive account are rendered invisible until it once gets active?

If that is not the case and my characters are gone, Grazgorn will not return. And that would be sad. I crave roleplaying!

Thanks for your patience.
The deceased Grazgorn *sobs*

Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 04:43:16 pm »

Uh.

They take your characters off MyUO if you don't play them within thirty days. It's a pretty common practice. It says so on MyUO if you look carefully.

In fact - your character is still ON the BoC stone. So I'm very strongly inclined to say he still exists.

Cheers,

Octiovus.

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 05:30:45 pm »

If so that saved me some millions... I am quite certain though that my house is gone... And foolishly I kept a lot of equipment there. Perhaps it is still there. I've heard people that have been inactive far longer than me and yet their houses were there when they returned. I'll receive my VISA on wednesday, so I might reactivate my account by then.

Time will tell...

Take care!

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 05:36:22 pm »

If your coming back welcome back

Mela x

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 01:32:12 am »

GRRRAAAAAAAZZZZZGGGGOOOOORRRRNNNN!

If you don't come back... We'll find you...!

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 09:21:53 pm »

...And whip you for being a deserter. *yells at the recruit in front of himself* fetch me hrothgar you lazy sod!

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 10:04:08 am »

Bad news... I am dying so I won't come back. I've got like 5 hours left to live. So... Bye all!

Hehe, naaah, that bad it isn't. But I won't return this weekend, since I wont be having access to a computer for the whole next week I wont bother return until week 31.

Until then, taaaaaaake care!

Grazgorn
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 12:23:31 pm »

Guess who will return this evening...

None other!!!!!!!! But the amazing Graaaaaaazgorn... Wink

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower