Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 06:37:51 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  An alliance between Dragoons and Loyalists?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: An alliance between Dragoons and Loyalists?  (Read 1859 times)
Darcy O'Connor
Loving nutcase
Covian Citizen

I was pushed off! Look!

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2006, 05:45:17 pm »

Placing down 'Reconciliation of Chaos' by Thomas Herdant, Darcy breathed in heavily. She had finished reading the scriptures that Grief had told her to as his new apprentice. Stretching she surveyed her new room above the tavern, scanning the room, she moved closer to the huge, ornate windows. This is when she noticed a shadow moving between the courtyard and the Barracks entrance.

Muttering about darned civvy kids to Rudolpho her rabbit, she marched down the stone steps from her dormroom, and took long strides over to the door of the barracks. It was dark, so she summoned a ball of light into her hand 'In Lor', the magical words echoed through the sleepy barracks. She turned the corner to the empty bar, and hearing a small footstep she held the ball of light up higher and squinted into the shadowy corner. Then suddenly she jumped forward, the ball of light diminishing as she moved, and more whispered words echoed through the halls 'Wis Quas'. A flash of invisible essences left Darcy's hands and seemed to envelope a crouched shape in the corner, then lighting up - revealing a slim, tall character with greenish skin, who rose at this point.

"More awake than the other guardsmen then, girly?"
Darcy, innocent as ever, inquired...
Are you lost, sir? This is a guardsman establishment, its no place for civilians.
Shouldnt you have a dagger to my throat?
He eyed Darcy suspiciously...

At this he sprung towards Darcy, spitting out destructive magic. She turned to flee, and bolted out of the barracks door, shouting out a healing charm. She jumped as she reached the end of the barracks path and was faced with another of the would-be assasins. She turned left, and fled beyond the barracks, until she tried to move her feet and was unable. Her heart was beating. Paralysis curse, damn

Admitting defeat Darcy sat down slowly, and the two strolled over rather casually.

Dont move, I wont kill you then. Now, tell me, do you know of a chap... A dragoon actually, called Redfield?
Darcy's mind raced... She looked up quickly, and nodded.
Now, tell me girl... Who was involved in the business with him yesterday?
Again her heart was overcoming her mind, and its beating was echoing in her ears.
An elf, tall, bossy
Missing a hand?
Yes...Darcy began to sob quietly.

Who else?! The two demanded forcefully.
A young girl, fresh married methinks... Darcy uttered.

The two mage attackers looked at eachother in glee, their eyes sparkling.

She was watching them, wondering whether she would see tomorrow... Her eyes welling up, her eyes rose again to look upon them. But they weren't watching her, they were in an attack position, grasping their magic books. Darcy's eyes darted around hopefully... Then out of the darkness, a sharp glint pierced the black of the night. It was a watchman, Will? Will Little? Something like that... He was wielding a huge axe, and he swung it towards the leading mage. With chants of 'Loyalist scum!' And 'get here y'dirty wytch!', combat ensued the small meadow. After a few minutes of hard fighting the two mages had reduced the soldier to a paralyzed, poisoned and weaponless man. Defenceless, the two Covians were at the mercy of the Loyalist scumbags.

At this point they delivered a dark message...

Tell them the Scourge of the Rebel Hoarde draws near!

Silence ensued, until the clanging of a metal suit could be heard down the alley. A whistling rebounded from every tree, the sound of a jolly guardsman. Again the two dark beings made their way towards the sounds of innocence, and the ever-vigilant Will Little, practically carrying Darcy, followed suit. in a strange march all four of them shuffled to the front of the barracks. It was a dragoon! Oh, huzzah! Thomas Sendrich... for Darcy she felt safe again, and propped herself against the wall of the barracks, as Will passed inside to fetch bandages and water to mend the wounds.

Turning again to the two pathetic loyalists, she was awaiting the Covian pillar of justice to crush them. But... no... They seemed to recognise that Sendrich was a dragoon, and before Thomas could dismiss Darcy, she overheard that the reason they were wreaking chaos and havoc among Cove , is in a bid for justice and revenge for the mistreatment of Vince Redfield.

Herecy! Treason! But she hung her head for a second as she trudged into the Barracks bar. Waving a dismissive hand to the air on her right side, she gestured 'be quiet' to no-one.

Not now Rudolpho... Then a spark seemed to appear.
I think your right, my little friend... That WILL teach them for giving me laps

And with a charming smile, Darcy flicked her hair back and tugged her bandana on.

Water, please, bartender!

« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 05:47:35 pm by Darcy O'Connor » Logged

Gregor Eason *Impersonating Grief*: Got no brains jah!
*Grief arrives at the door behind Eason*
Gregor Eason: Bruddas! YAH YAH!
Mela: *Does a cutting throat motion*
Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 05:48:03 pm »

The two were arrested and punishments were dealt.
15 lashes and a fine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length