Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:00:40 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Rumoured Artifacts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rumoured Artifacts  (Read 3920 times)
Joey Lanai
Dragoon Squad Leader
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

........=IIII=........

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2005, 09:00:49 pm »

The Legendary Artifacts
Legend has it this land is riddled with ancient items and artifacts, its time we found some...

Lately i have been reading ancient history of Sosaria and through means i will not share and have aquired evidence that proves they -do- exist, but where to find them? thats your job !

I set this task to you, Guardsmen and Civilians of Cove to find these Artifacts and bring them home for our... Research, these weapons are rumoured to be the most powerfull in the land, and should not, if found, be taken lightly.

Here are two Artifacts that i have studied with great detail, if you can find them, well... ill leave you to imagine..

Artifact 1
The Axe of Kahn

The Axe of Kahn is currently held by Hrothgar, Captain of the Covian Militia

The Axe of Kahn was the weapon wielded by a glorious bounty hunter
named Kahn thousands of years ago, Legend has it this axe was used to cut down
his brother, Kalo, another great warrior who was also his partner in arms. It
is said that Kahn cursed his blade with a deadly noxious poison to help defeat
his enemies and claim his bounties, though the weapon itself was lost when he was
Defeated by beasts in the dungeon of Deceit, it is said that even the worst axeman
can wield this deadly axe with the skill of a professional.

Artifact 2
The Axe of Kalo

The Axe of Kalo is currently held by Jackhera Orange, Junior Guardsman of the Covian Militia

The Axe of Kalo was wielded by the mightiest of the warrior brothers, and thought
to be the mighteist warrior of his time. Kalo was a master of the axe, his blade
was used to slice through beasts in the dungeon of Fire. Legend has it the blade
has inherited its old masters skill and whoever wields this weapon, will be
enchanted with his ability to slay those of a fiery nature.

Artifact 3
Blaze

Blaze is currently held by Kevin Sinclair, Body guard to the Baron

The only sword known to be as light as a feather and as deadly as a full fledged
broadsword, this sword was crafted in the firey caves of Yew many years ago, but alas
the Orc kind had found the sword buried inside one of their mines and claimed it for
their own, until it was stolen from them by a half breed and now lays in the hands of a
certain Corporal of Cove...

[OOC: Roleplay Artifacts are magic weapons which will you will have to find and can use via Event/Scenario for fighting within BoC ,  (I.E. Bandits with Guards, Guards with Bandits, Guard tournaments) or just to show off around Cove, these weapons are NOT however to be used while fighting with other CoRE or CoY guilds and Characters and are strictly for this guild only.

If you get hold of a Roleplay Artifact, you are to keep it in a bright Blue bag inside your pack, so it and can be looted by other BoC members or stolen by a theif if they choose.

Other Artifacts will be added along with hints to their where-abouts within the next few days or so, keep your eyes peeled !]

P.S. If you want to attempt to find an Artifact in game, you must first contact myself (ICQ: 177280965) to arrange the event/scenario and ill provide you with the Artifact, if your event seems relivant.

*Signed*
Arc

« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 10:41:07 pm by Arc » Logged

Joey Lanai
Dragoon Squad Leader
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

........=IIII=........

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 09:49:11 pm »

[An Artifact Clue]

*an old note is pinned here*

Into this darkened place you go,
but left or right you do not know

The corridoor goes down and then back up
there lies a wriath with the darkened cup

to the right you go then down the stairs
but do you know whats under there                               

the undead try to take your life                                      (Solved, Artifact Collected)
[/size]
you hold them off with a holy light

through the door into the hall
take a left and into a small

Room with what looks like a pillar
but the wall opens up to an arcane willer

inside the room, find a chest with harm
but inside it you'll find the Axe of Kahn.[/i]

[OOC: Contact me if you think you know where to find the Artifact and we can arrange an event (ICQ: 177280965)]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 10:04:54 pm by Arc » Logged

Joey Lanai
Dragoon Squad Leader
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

........=IIII=........

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 09:57:34 pm »

[An Artifact Clue]

*an old note is pinned here*

From the snake to the dungeon you head with desire
in search of the axe protected by fire

over the bridge and into the crypt
you enter the maze for a lucky dip

you find the stairs and go down there
only to find the demons lair                                                           (Solved, Artifact Collected)

the corners you turn, will you never learn?
that all this place wants to do is burn

you find the small room, crawling with lich
at this time you'll find yourself on a sunny beach

unless ofcourse your protected by a halo
as its in that room you'll find the Axe of Kalo

[OOC: Contact me if you think you know where to find the Artifact and we can arrange an event (ICQ: 177280965)]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2005, 05:23:03 pm by Arc » Logged

Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 10:07:18 pm »

A Tall guardsman dressed in a leather uniform walks up to a table in the tavern, he seems normal enough and yet all eyes are on him.  Or more procisly all eyes are on the strange blue axe he carries negligently in his hand. He sits and lays the axe on the table infront of him and calls out for a glass of milk ... another oddity that the tavern patrons notice about this man.  Who could he be?  He draws from his bag a small stub of pencil and a few sheets of parchment upon which he begins to write.

The search for the Axe Of Kalo

Well i turned up outside the baracks nice and early for my treasure hunting trip and was quiet alarmed to find the place deserted!  However over the course of the mext few minutes several of my fello guardsmen turned up and eventualy we had enough to begin

we had Sergeant Grief Dryfh Gry, Accepted Guardsman Hrothgar, Corporal Arc, Junier Guardsman Jackhera Orange a gnome named twesso (to hold the lantern) and myself

Having studied the riddle most carefully i had decided that it could only refer to one of two dungeons ..... Covetous or Fire and with Covetous being so close we set out for there first.

Upon ariving we entered and i straight away noticed something mentioned in the riddle and my spirits rose with hope.  Could it be real? could this Axe actually exist? I ment to find out once and for all!

we battled our way through a gaggle of harpies and eventually reached a split in the paths, once more i looked at my scrap of parchment that i had painstakingly copied the riddle onto ... another match!

So began our long and difficult march through that helish place, with flames shooting from holes in the floor and many deadly creatures we continued to inch our way forward through the bodies of our foes.  Eventually we broke into a dark and gloomy place inhabited by the undead and i felt sure we were near! we continued into this evil place ending the foul halflife's or these mosters untill eventually we had slain them all ...... and no axe had we found!

well you can imagen my disapointment but i bemoned the fates not! Instead i moved on to my other choice ... Fire

Upon entering the Dungeon the first thing to attack me was a giant serpant so as soon as it lay dead at my feet i glanced at the riddle

From the snake to the dungeon you head with desire
in search of the axe protected by fire

the first two line mentioned a snake!! this could be it ... we continued in slashing and hacking our way untill we aproched a bridge and i could make out what looked to be fire across the chasm that was spanned.  as we drew closer i could see that the fire was not acros the chasm ... it was in the chasm!  The heat grew as we drew closer still and then dashed acros only to find that suddenly we were facing many beasts that seemed somehow made of fire themselfs.
     We kashed out furiusly into these THINGS untill all were dead and then looking around me i noticed something

over the bridge and into the crypt
you enter the maze for a lucky dip

We were on the bridge ...... could the crypt be next?

And so it was! after battling through many monsters of frightening power we came upon a crypt and rushing through it did quickly find ourselfs lost in a maze.  It seemed we woundered around in their for hours but eventually we found something promesing looking ....stairs!

you find the stairs and go down there

Down we went and found that indeed we had a choice of two ways just as the riddle said ... and many demons there seemed to be also so everso carefully we traveled through this dank and dreary place, woundering how far beneath the earth we must be, what would happen if the roof gave way, and would anyon ever find our bodies?  but i knew we could not give up now so on i toiled untill eventually we encounted a chamber where resided a single lich of astounding power! this must be it we thought and preapering ourselfs for this finall encouter we rushed in.  The battle was long and bloody, we choped at the creaturs limbs and it just healed itself right back up but we stoped not untill eventually it lay dead at our feet, looking around arc noted that in dying the lich had droped something and now lay upon it, sokicking aside the now still corpse ireached down and lifted an old but still sound and sharp axe .... could this be it? I read the inscription on the haft it said "to Kalo from Kahn".

We had done it! the axes do exist and seeing this one in my hand i wounder who it shall be that finds the next?

The guardsman leans back and stretches, he slowly and carefully folds the parchment upon which he has been writing and places it along with his pencil and spare pages in his pack.  He drinks the last of his milk, stands and slings his bag over one shoulder.  He stops.  He looks around the room at all the people staring at him before he places his cap on his head at a jaunty angle flips up the axe one handed and saunters out of the tavern

Joey Lanai
Dragoon Squad Leader
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

........=IIII=........

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 03:56:39 am »

(New Artifact Added !)

Joey Lanai
Dragoon Squad Leader
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend