Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 10:53:49 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The re-establishment of the Covian Council.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The re-establishment of the Covian Council.  (Read 1521 times)
Kazuo Shinrai
« on: September 05, 2006, 03:15:57 pm »

The clashing of steel and yelling of the drill instructors could be heard from the gates of Cove.

Outside the barracks, the guardsmen of Cove were conducting a training excersize as baron Octiovus Richter watched them from the balcony with the usual bored look on his face. A young officer cadet looked up at the nobleman and as their eyes met the baron simply looked away, glancing over the troops once more. As the battle training continued the baron threw his cape over his shoulder, adjusted his covian cap and went inside to sit down at his desk. An older man wearing a black kimono was still looking over the troops and then slowly turned his head to the baron.

Your warriors seem to become more skilled by the day baron-sama.

The baron casually looked up from a document he was reading and smirked slightly.
Pish-posh! They still have a long way to go before they are real Covians!
 and at that he waved his hand in a mocking manner and continued his reading.

So what is it you want from me this time Shinrai, another trade proposal or have you found something else to bother me with?

It is the citizenry of Cove, I wish to talk to you about, baron-sama.

Citizenry? Pfsch, sniveling peasants!

It has been a long time since Cove had a mayor, the citizens are getting restless and rebellious. They feel neglected and...

Nonsence! All they need to do is keep me rich by paying their taxes and make sure that my army is well equiped. Now that is not too much to ask, is it?

Without the citizens of Cove, your army would go hungry and your men will be ill-equiped for battle, baron-sama. It would not be wise to neglect them!

Yes, yes, just get to the point!

My advice would be to re-establish a Covian council. To show the citizens they are indeed important to Cove. It would ease their minds.

Hmm, if ye say so...

The baron rummaged trough a drawer in his desk and took out a badge which he threw at Kazuo.

Here, yer now the baron's aide again. Go establish your council and stop bothering me about it!

As you wish, baron-sama. It shall be done.

With this said, Kazuo Shinrai bowed respectfully, put on his kasa and left the baron's office.

Well then, that was easier than I had anticipated...
the old man said to himself as he folded his hands in his sleeves and slowly paced off.

The same afternoon posters were spread around Cove, announcing the re-establishment of the Covian council.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length