Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 01:45:41 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The Ethereal Palace
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Ethereal Palace  (Read 1719 times)
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2006, 12:12:03 am »

Attack on the Four Control Rooms

Commanding Guardsman:
Regular Guardsman, Kurt Alimar

Attending Guardsmen:
Grenadier Sergeant, Vince Valentine
Senior Grenadier, Raiden Morana
Regular Dragoon, Hoagie
Regular Scout, Edmund Rufus
Regular Scout, Kal ShadowHand
Guardsman Recruit, Averion
Guardsman Recruit, Flina Trix
Guardsman Recruit, Yella

We lined up at the moongate waiting for any stragglers.  I ordered everyone through the moongate to the shrine of Spirituality.  When we got there I had Kal show us the way to the entrance of the ethereal palace.  We stopped at a forest filled with webs, and through the thick forest of webs we saw a cave.  On the walls of the caves were thick webs with giant spiders on it.  After we disposed of the spiders, I told everyone to stick together and nay break from the group.

When we entered the caves we encountered arachnids I had never seen.  The vile Terathans were inside along with a horde of arachnids.  After we got towards the exit we encountered a Golden Matriarch.  We slayed it and exited the Spider Cave.

After we navigated through the Spider Cave we saw a heap of marble structures, and in the middle of the marble pillars was the Entrance to the Palace.  After we all stepped onto the teleporter we appeared on a beach.  As we looked up the beach we could see the palace in front of us.  I ordered the men to line up, and gave them the rest of their orders.  We saw no towers, but we ventured inside anyway.  Once inside we found a hole that seemed to lead to a tomb of some kind.

After we fought are way through the lesser undead to the throne room.  I ordered everyone to relax for a moment and catch their breath.  Afterwards I gave the order to move out.  Then we started destroying every room we came across.  Pretty much the whole lair.

Then I found a scroll that teleported us to a secret area.  There we found a maze, and in the maze were traps waiting for us.  Flina and Raiden decided to go ahead from the group and enter a room before everyone else.  They seemed fine for a while, but then out of no where they fell to the ground.  I ordered everyone to stop and nay move.  Then had two guardsmen pull Raiden and Flina back as fast as possible.  I looked around the corner and saw a crystal pedastel eminating and evil aura.  After Flina and Raiden were awoken, I had everyone go the other way.

We headed the other way up a hallway to a door, and when we reached that door we heard a horde of moaning and other dreadful noises.  I had edmund scout the room, and report to me what he had found.  He said that there were too many undead for us to take.  I pondered for a bit, and looked back to Flina and Hoagie who were asking to be excused.  We were now at a group of five.  I looked to the door and then to the guardsmen, and said "I'm opening this door and when I do we will retreat to the hallway momentarily."  After I opened the door I saw a horde of undead reaching through trying to pull me in.  I broke off of them and retreated with the rest.

I had Yella stay in the hallway incase we were knocked.  After the doors closed, we looked up to find a Rotting Corpse, Bone Knight, and an Ancient Lich.  I ordered Edmund, Raiden, and Vince to remain with me, and to heal each other more than they ever had before.  We fought the group for a short time before slaying all three of them.  I looked to the Ancient Lich and claimed my trophy it's staff.

Afterwards I peaked through the door and found that no matter how many we kill.  They'll keep comming faster than we could kill them.  So we left, and when we got to the barracks.  Only Raiden and Edmund were left, so I said, "Since ye two were the only ones to stay and share our treasure."  After we split up the gold I took the Ancient Lich Staff, and leaned it next to my Bone Daemon Skull trophy.  FOR COVE!!

*Signed*

Kurt Alimar, Regular Guardsman
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 12:16:12 am by Kurt Alimar/Markus » Logged
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 02:31:04 am »

[The font CAN be changed if you like, as in back to UO font=)]
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 08:32:11 am »

A grand expedition and finely led Kurt.

Well done!

*signed*

Raiden, Senior Grenadier.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length