Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:30:35 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Report: Women's Work - Thursday, 28th September 2006
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report: Women's Work - Thursday, 28th September 2006  (Read 1634 times)
Krieger
Head Beardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

*Rubs beard.*

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2006, 09:32:06 pm »

Journal Extract – Desmond Frederick Krieger
18:00 GMT, Thursday, 28th September 2006

Going back a few eves, our Barracks, as we all know, was demolished, and rebuilt with a more suitable design. Good work too, I might add, but unfortunately there was a fair bit of mess to be cleared. Dust, soot, rubble, and the like, all of which had to be cleared by Guardsman Recruit Averion and myself – it just happened to be our luck that we were the only available guardsmen for the job. What’s more, it was Mela – a woman! – who ordered the task! We didn’t take kindly to a woman ordering men to do a woman’s job. Well, to be fair it wasn’t all that bad, but a woman’s job none the less, says I! 

Grabbing our buckets, brushes, and dirty old rags, Averion and myself had no choice but to get stuck in. Honestly, I felt sorry for the old git; it would have been worse for him than it was me, not being familiar with soap and whatnot. Anyways. A great plan came to me! Why, I tied the old rag to the bottom of my staff, and used it like a mop! Was a grand idea, I thought. So I mopped the floors, scrubbed the dirt, dusted the soot, and cleared the rubble - in the basement, and the mess hall. The Baron’s office floor was a special task, however, which took delicate manoeuvring of a cloth atop his desk, seat, and such. Of course, special care was a necessity. It may be worth noting, however, that if there be any damage to the magnificent sculpture of our magnificent Baron, it was nay me. The clumsy git that is, the one and only, Averion, waltzed right into the display area, and Avatar knows what he’s knocked / chipped / left a fingerprint upon. Other than that, a good job done, I’ll say! Let’s hope it’s been noticed!

Cleaning up the Barracks! Spick and span!

Attendance Roster:
* Mela Arkay, Scout Officer Cadet (Supervising)
* Desmond Krieger, Watchman
* Averion, Guardsman Recruit       
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 10:09:33 pm by Krieger » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length