Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:49:34 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Report: Crusade against the Ophidians!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report: Crusade against the Ophidians!  (Read 1824 times)
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2006, 10:16:41 pm »

Where: From Papua to the Ophidian Fort
When: Sunday 29th October

Led by: Roland Dagorian, Templi Squire

Attended by:

Hoagie, Officer Cadet
Joey Lanai, Senior Dragoon
Mikaela, Watchman
Averion, Watchman  (Left early)
Demarian Tel'Var, Regular Grenadier
Henry Dreat, Guardsman Recruit  (Left early)

My Lord Preceptor,

I have grim tidings.  Following your glorious example in Vesper, I led a group of Guardsmen against the Ophidians, to continue the Church's Crusade against these foul snakes.  Alas, victory was not ours.

The road was long and perilous.  We marched to the moongate and travelled to Moonglow.  We used the old teleporter in the wytch shop to get to the swamp town of Papua.  From there we marched onwards north, through the swamp, across the bridge and onto the desert.  Over time our fellowship dwindled, as more and more were daunted by the vast distances, the heat and the endless sun-scorched desert.  By day we baked and by night we froze.  But still we marched, resolute in our desire to carry out Avatar's Will.

Finally we reached the lands of the snakes.  We formed a line at the canyon entrance, fighting off the first of the snakes.  We fought and killed, until a pile of the dead lay before us.  Then we marched further in.  And met disaster. 

An army of snakes advanced upon us, using wytchery and steel to try and break our resolve.  We held for a while, but soon the first of us was overwhelmed.  Then they broke through.  Grenadier Tel'Var and myself were the only ones to break free, with the snakes in pursuit.  We ran and fought, eventually doubling back to rescue our fallen comrades.  We bandaged their wounds and we fought back. 

We killed snakes beyond counting, but all we could do was hold, too weakened to push forwards to the Fort.  The snakes had robbed Dragoon Lanai of some of his most prized possessions, but alas we could not find them.  We withdrew back to Cove.  We had killed many snakes.  But failed to capture the fort.

So long as the Holy war against the snakes continues, I shall not rest until they are slain. 

In Nomini Deus,

Roland Dagorian
Templi Squire

Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 08:57:22 am »

Hah! Another pot of Covian sauce for those damn snake-men!

Fine work Squire, and indeed all who attended.

*Signed*
            Vince Valentine
         Grenadier Sergeant

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length