Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:34:27 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Recruitment trip
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recruitment trip  (Read 1889 times)
qom_riyadh
« on: December 13, 2006, 11:15:13 pm »

The words on our fine Town, our fine Baronship, and our fine Baron, were spread around again! Meh, mistah Amon Jarl, officer Hoagie, Falconheart (which left quickly) and last but not least, Raziel Richter, met at the barracks to go and recruit some people to join our ranks!

The Recruitment Team right before setting out

The orders told that we're heading Haven, to find some newcomers willing to become one of us. Overall we get there quickly (most of the team used the moongate) although during the trip through the forest I hit a tree and unfortunately totally lost orientation. I was forced to help myself with my handy rune book, which transported me to Haven. There, Hoagie and Raziel Richter already put some leaflets and a flag, mistah Jarl prepared some wood which I used to set up a stall.

The Covian Recruitment Office - Haven Department

Unfortunately, Haven was deserted on that day, so we (Raziel actually) decided to move to Britain - the capital... Luckily, I gave leaflets to two persons there: miss Verona Moonshine, and mister Rastlin - both of them began reading the papers right when I handed it to them. We walked out of Haven. This time everyone reached the moongate without problems, and we were in Britain in no time...

Just after exiting the moongate

Our banner was placed right by the gate, to be easily noticed by all travelers. We took a forced march to the city bank, and found some signs of activity of people of other cities - the Yewians! Good for us, it seems that people had found a better usage of cloth than for making Yewian banners, since large part of it was already missing (eh, what a pity, what a pity...)

The Sheep-Luvers Banner (2/3 of it, actually)

Finally, we arrived to tha bank, and placed a stall again - there were lots of people there, lots. Definitely too crowded and too loud was there, but we all was there for the Cove and for the Baron!

The Covian Recruitment Office - Britain Department

We've met some people there - some were running around yelling some weird things on some games, some www's - meh was confused with they words! We walked around talking about joining the Baronship, but noone was really interested. There were two Elves, one of which actually was our fellow some time ago, but as Raziel said after talking with them - they were timewasters. Later, a black-hooded persona named Aragorn (or Son of a mongbat, as we called him) stolen our table, our stool, and let his horse walk on our banner!! He managed to flee using runes before our soldiers kicked his arse for wasting our property.

Robbed Covians. Aragorn can be seen in the right corner with green crook

Again, being unsuccessful, we decided to head home. To cheer everybody up, I've shouted "Last one home buys ale" and we made a run to Cove barracks. Although I was last there (again), I was most surprised by what I've met there

Brigands! Set up a camp right in front of barracks! Good that mistah Raziel "told" them, that they must move out...

After that, we wanted to have some ale in The Goblin, but neither bartender, nor ale was there. I recalled, that I've got some spare bottles in my house and went there, but when I've get back to the Goblin nobody was there. Except... Except our Templi Squire, which led me to our incredibly nice Inquisitor, Odenetheus, which accused me of tryin to drug some churchmen, and gave me 11 hits with the whip!

But this is an other story...

Summary of the trip:
  • Cities visited: 2
  • Leaflets left / given: 2
  • Dumb people met: lots
  • Injured: 1 (guess who...)

Aww... meh back...
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 09:28:24 am »

Amon reads Qom's report.

Indeed Qom, the capital seemed to be full of heathenous infidels!

But hopefully a few will see the light and join us in Cove.

Amon reads a little further...

That was the inquisitor in the tavern...? *shifty eyes*

Gah! they lashed Qom!

*mutters* Those damn monks in Yew loved a drop of ale... Alas it would seem our inquisitor doesn't... *coughs* Sorreh about tha' Qom.

*signed flamboyantly*

Amon Jarl, Covian Citizen.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 09:35:04 am »

Nicely written Qom, indeed, some days recruitment goes better than others.
Good work folks, keep at it!

*Signed*
   Vince Valentine
Grenadier Sergeant

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length