Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:55:47 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board
| | |-+  Citizen Task Board
| | | |-+  Completed Citizen Tasks (Moderator: Raiden Morana)
| | | | |-+  The Great Hunt!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Great Hunt!  (Read 2381 times)
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2006, 01:16:00 pm »

The Task:

*For Hunters only - Organise a hunt in the woods near Cove for game.  Harvest the meat.
*For cooks - Using the meat from the hunt, organise a large feast
*For fletchers - Craft some bows for the hunters
*For carpenters - Set up some tables and chairs for the feast
*For entertainers - Entertain the hunters and other guests at the feast with rousing songs.
*For barstaff - Provide drinks and make sure no one at the feast goes thirsty

Conditions:

*Only one sub-task can be done by any one character.  The exception is the cook and barstaff, that can be done by the same character.

*The emphasis on this task is roleplay.  The hunter should be leading the hunters, taking into account wind-change etc.  Don't just wander up to a deer and shoot it.

*Only bows can be used, regardless of archery skill.  The hunter should give tips on shooting.  Provide bows for those with none.  Crossbows not permitted.

*The only meat that can be served is that gathered on the hunt.

*Treat monsters the same as the game, only use bows to kill them. 

*All guardsmen and citizens can attend.  Feel free to invite allied guilds

*The hunter should nominate who gets to shoot at each animal.

*The hunter who takes this task should post below.  Other hunters can assist.  Post on the Events board the date and time of the hunt.

*The hunter is in overall charge of this task.  Use the citizen board (if you're having trouble finding other citizens) to request the cook, carpenter etc.  Make sure they know to post in this thread when they have completed their task to get awarded the shillings.

**Any problems let me know.

The Reward:

*Shillings will be awarded to the hunter(s) based on how well the hunt is roleplayed and the quality of the report. 
*Shillings will be awarded to the other citizens involved depending on the task performed and on the quality of their report.

qom_riyadh
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 03:53:58 pm »

Hah! Great! We will have a last barbecue before the upcoming winter!

As a carpenter I offer my help in making furniture, crates and all things needed for preparing such feast.

BTW there is a nice place near the palissade, a beautiful plain with a stone circle. To reach it simply head straight East from the Cove arena...

Tried that several days before, few tables and stools will fit, also the stone circle will be a great place for a fire, or sth like that.

AND - to all people - I can offer a reward (gold or sth interesting) for a person that will bring me most hides - might be uncut.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 04:03:22 pm by qom_riyadh » Logged
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 03:59:32 pm »

I'm a fletcher of the highest order and I'm at your service for bows, arrows and such.

*signed flamboyantly*

Amon Jarl, Commoner.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 01:21:01 pm »

*Bump* Task still outstanding
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length