Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:47:30 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Fighting Plague (Medical Report)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fighting Plague (Medical Report)  (Read 1487 times)
Keiran Vale
Mela's Doctor
Guest Of Cove

"They Call me Doctor Love"

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2007, 05:42:45 am »

Leader: Keiran Vale, Commoner

Those Present:
Hoagie, Sergeant
Vince Valentine, Grenadier Sergeant
Marcus, Guardsman Recruit

Performing as task asked of me for The Medical staff me and a few guardsman travelled to Ilshenar's SPirituality Moonggate to begin our search for a suitable Plague Fighting ingredient.

Forming at The Moongate before setting out

Our first lead was to find the sap of a Pixie tree. A few leads from healers in Skara told me that the saphas healing properties that might be useful in curing the ailments of plague. We discovered one of these trees to the West of the gate. After Hoagie hurled his axe at the trunk we were able to collect a sample of the Sap.

The Tree was very similar to a Yew tree

Upon bringing the Sap back to my home I was able to determine it had no properties useful for healing the plague. though it seems very capable of soothing other ailments such as red throats and sore muscles.

Next we decided to setout to my next target, A Cave in which I had heard strange plantlife grew. The Cave was unlike as it was described. Within it were many strange mushrooms that I collected to study.

These are definetly not for eating!

Upon studying these mushrooms at my home I discovered that they could definetly be used in fighting the plague. I will be keeping a few samples of these at my home for future research. They seem to also have a very strong hallucigenetic effect if eaten, as discovered through feeding them to a mongbat not myself of course. The Mongbat was unharmed afterward so they are not poisonous.

Our Final goal was to travel to The Ethereal Keep. As I had heard rumours that Lord Oak's people had kept many writings they had found over the years. hopefully one of the writings there contained some sort of medical relevance. Getting to the Keep was no picnic as we had to travel through a spider infested cave to reach it's entrance. After trudging our way through corpses of spiders we were able to get to the keep. It took me some convincing to get them to allow us to search. but we were soon going through their collection.

Not much could be found in their main library, apart from a few Britannian story books

We found nothing important in their library but one of the Ethereal Warriors informed me that the tombs beneath their keep might contain some  information. Though it was dangerous to enter as it was inhabited with the spirits of those tombed there. Disregarding their warning in true Covian Fashion we entered the tomb and began to tear through the Undead creatures that got in our way. We were soon able to find a small room filled with scrolls and books.. One of which Hoagie found that was of great importance.

Thanks to Hoagie's eyes we were able to locate an old Occloan Herbal treatment

The Scroll contained much information on an old Occloan Herbal medicine that is almsot more complicated than most medicines we have today. It is in my belief that this Medicine was created specifically to deal with Plague related ailments and that it can serve cove greatly in keeping our people healthy and plague free!

We soon returned to Cove and I delivered the ingredients to my home for safe keeping. I hope to speak more on my findings.

Signed:
Keiran Vale

userjosh5368
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 09:37:28 am »

Nicely done civilain might i ask why you quit the army eh'?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length