Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 05:43:45 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  To all Scouts.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: To all Scouts.  (Read 2617 times)
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2007, 03:49:04 pm »

Having finished the tasks for the Scout recruits Mela lent back in her comfy chair and sighed happily." All to days paper work done." Mela thought to herself with a wide and pleased smile "Now its time for a re--Holy nosehair! I forgot the actual Scouts!". Grumbling and pulling forward a piece of parchment she dipped her quill in a fresh pot of ink and began to write.

To all Scouts
As you may have already seen there is a rather large list of tasks for every Scout Recruit in the Army. But don't think your safe, I need to keep you all up to speed, fit and healthy too! A lot of you have unfortunately been slacking recently but this set of tasks should get you all out of the dust. I expect nothing but the best from Sosorias finest Scouts and I know that's what you will deliver to me! For Cove!!

Good luck & Blessed be

Scout Sergeant,
Mela Eason Arkay.

Althalus, Senior Scout
Ahh good to see an old face! You were present when my eyes got buggered up, oh yes I remember you Mr llama. Either way your task wont be easy and I expect it to be done with the Scout Swagger.

Task: A lot of people call the Scouts cowards, even my own husband. I want you to run a training to demonstrait to the rest of the army just how important the Scouts are to the army. Include in the training, what we do, why we do it and how. Maybe we will even pull in a few recruits. Have at least another two Scouts present or so you can demonstrait things.

Conditions: Write a report with paintings below.

Kal Shadowhand, Regular Scout
Ever loyal Kal, injured your leg though haven't you meh man? Nevermind I can set you an easy task which involves no moving, except your hand of course. Now Kal rest up I need my best Scout here! Lets see now, what gruelling task can I do you?

Task:Knowing Scout tactics is very important for a recruit but what about the Scouts which are still unsure of them? This is your task Kal, I want you to write up a list of orders which will be used in battle for example "Hit the shadows" also I would like you to write a small guide on how these things can be done. For example:- A quick and easy way to slink into the shadows in the heat of battle are smoke bombs. This guide should be detailed and well written. I know you can do this Kal.

Conditions: Post a copy of the guide below. Include some paintings for guidance in the report.

Note: Currently has a leg injury.

Kelly Sanderson, Junior Scout
Ah my good friend Kelly, had your first go at leading in a battle the other day and I'm mighty proud of you. But its time you taste leadership again but this time without my aide or guidance.

Task: Lead the Scouts and Recruits into enemy grounds. Remember make an objective before going, no point in going just to stand around picking your teeth. There is no limit to how many Scouts and Recruits you have to take be sure to list the objective and what you find out in the report.

Conditions: Write a report with paintings below. Talk to the leader of the guild you want to spy on beforehand.

Note: Kelly is currently working on a task.

Perun, Junior Scout
Mysterious little Perun, not seen you in a while either nevertheless I know you wont fail me with this task you never do which is what I like about you! You got spunk. Good luck and blessed be Junior Perun.

Task:Nightshade, most people smoke it but us Scouts use it for other things - poison! Your task is simple, lead a hunt to gather nightshade, around 100 will do. Take a least one Scout along with you as I will be asking them of your progress.

Conditions: Gather 100 Nightshade. Write a report with paintings and print it below.

Dalamar, Junior Scout
Only met you recently but your loyal and good at what you do and that in itself warrents for a great amount of repsect.I trust you with the greatly with this task, it takes a disciplined man to teach.

Task: Recruits these days have no idea how to address and treat their superiors I get called 'Mela' by them when it clearly should be 'Sarg' or 'Ma'am'. Plan and do a discipline training for Recruit to Regular going through the basics of how to address a higher rank excetera. Make sure I am available to watch this training so I can note down how well you did. You must have at least 4 people for this training.

Conditions: Contact Mela about this training. Write a report with paintings below.

Garand, Junior Scout
Another recently appeared Scout, I'm starting to think Jen stashed you lot away for herself! I watched you when we were capturing Floria Tenne the otherday and you seem a bit rusty. Nevermind.

Task:You are to attend a private interrogation training lead by myself and you are required to pass the test. But that's not all, you will then give a training to the rest of the Scouts regarding the matter and I expect it to be done well!

Conditions: Contact Mela about this task.Write a report with paintings below.

Tiolas, Junior Scout
Ack! A baldy in the Scouts. Nevermind, lets just hope it doesn't affect how you work. So, what gruelling task am I going to give you? Slaying dragons? Nah.. too easy. Pandas? Nah far too hard!

Task: You are to travel to Tokuno and find the fan dancers and ninjas. Study the moves they use from in the shadows and study the way they swing their weapon. The last time I was there I had a hard time keeping up with them. Write a report on what moves and weapons they use, and how they are so graceful with their swings. Then teach a small group of the Scouts about it. I must be present when you teach.

Conditions: Contact Mela to do the training. Write a report on both with paintings below

Dalamar
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 08:52:54 pm »

Dicipline training
Leader: Dalamar, Junior Scout
Attending:    Mela Arkay, Light Comppany Sergeant
                   Erik Arkay, Senior Guardsman
                   Regdar, Junior Grenadier
                   Perrin, Watchman
                   Smudrud, Wathcman
                   Gambit Heckle, Guardsman recruit
                   Marcus, Guardsman recruit

I have done task you gave me Sergeant. So I went and led training about how to address your superiors and generaly how to behave. We got nice number of lower rank members attending. It was clear from the beginning that Arkay’s knew how to behave and the Watchmen and Recruits had some problems how to address superiors. I choose to use laps around arena as a punishment for things like speaking in line with out permission.

Asking in the beginning what people knew about addressing superiors

I told many times how to address your superiors but when I finaly gave one of them change to show that they know how to do it. He failed miserable. He should have addressed her as Ma’am or Sergeant Arkay and salute to her, but he went and just called her with her first name.

Perrin showing us how not to address our superiors

Had to remind people often that you arn't allowed to speak in line without permission

It seemed to be hard for people to stand in line still and quietly. I had to punish them multible times from speaking in the line. But eventualy everyone of them understood to be quiet. After this training I believe that those who attended will know how to address their superiors. But suggest that more of dicipline training will be held to make sure everyone in army will be reminded how to address their superiors. I hope, I didn't fail your expectations about me Sergeant.

*Signed with red ink* Dalamar, Junior Scout

Smudrud
Covian Citizen

I came, I saw, I ran away!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 10:51:02 pm »

Me's were there, and me's wont forget that training...

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 04:49:01 am »

Come on my Scouts get on these, eh?

Perun
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

*smiles evily*

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 10:55:00 pm »

Attended by:
Perun, Junior Scout (leading)
Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
Garak Nightchill, Officer Cadet
Thomas Sendrich, Regular Dragoon
Kal ShadowHand, Church Servant.

Our task was simple... Head off to Ilshenar, slay some evil magelings and return, alive and with all the nightshade and gold we could carry.

We headed out from Cove with a recruit, Franek was his name i think... though he never made it through the moongate to the shrine of Honesty. Another one for the glorious dead?

We secured the shrine while waiting for the recruit but we he didn't show we gave him up as lost and headed to the Wisp Dungeon.

The upper levels were quiet... Too quiet perhaps, but from all the scrolls and tomes regarding the dark arts we knew we were in the right place.

As we headed deeper down into the dungeon things got more hectic as hordes of the evil doers converged on our group. We slew all in our path. Liberating all the gold and nightshade we could carry.

Even when undead warriors were summoned against us we stood fast and soon we were ankle deep in blood and gore. *smiles evily*

Our packs bulging and sword arms fatigued we made our fighting retreat out of the dungeon, back to the shrine and back through to Cove.

We collected nearly 200 nightshade and 21,000 coins - each returning guardsman recieved 4,000 with another 5,000 going into the coffers.

Also let it be noted that former Scout and now Church Servant Kal ShadowHand donated his 4,000 coins to the Church coffers.

I hope this mission meets with your satisfaction Mela, Ma'am.

I may not always be visible but you know you can call on me when needed.

Perun, Junior Scout.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length