Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:42:41 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Carl Hammond
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Carl Hammond  (Read 2547 times)
Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2007, 10:18:17 am »

I look around the tavern slowly. It seemed fair enough, no drunks looking for a scuffle, and the barmaid was pretty easy on the eye. Trouble though, you could read it a mile off. Dames like that always were. High maintenance I like to call them. Damn, what did she say her name was? Hell, what did it matter, I'd give her one of those cute nicknames that the barmaids love, and that would be that.

"The green goblin huh? Cute, I hope the booze is better than the name"

I take a stool at the bar, the far end. It was always quieter at the far end, and that's how I liked it. The last thing I needed was some sad wine swigging no mark telling me his life story. The barmaid, think her name was Treagan or something, places my rum in front of me and then disappeared into the back room. I look over my shoulder, and realise there wasn't a soul in the joint. Not that I cared one bit, it wasn't like I was going to snuggle up to anyone and chat about the weather.

I take the first sip of my drink and time stands still for a moment. My shoulders relax, and I undo the top button of my shirt. It feels good to relax a little, even if it's only for a few minutes. My mind begins to wander...

How the hell did you end up here Carl? One minute you're in the big city, the kind of place where the ladies will make your dreams come true for a hanful of gold coins, and the taverns are alive with the sound of men gambling and drinking, and the next you're in a place where the locals idea of a good time is digging up carrots. I had to get off of that scene for a while though. Hell, it wasn't by choice that I'd ended up in Cove, drinking my rum in a silent tavern named The Green Gobln.
That last case I took, damn, I wished I'd trusted my instincts and left it alone.

It'll blow over eventually I say to myself, not really believing it for one second. There wasn't a thing I could do about it, so why worry? At least this place had decent rum, and there was sure to be work for a guy like me here. Hell, there was always work for a guy like me. Wherever you go, people have problems, and I'm usually the one they turn to. That's kinda sad, a guy like me being their only hope. Even now, just arriving in Cove, I've picked up my first case. That can wait for tomorrow though, it's been a hell of a day, and a hell of a week. All of this will look better after I've gotten my head down for a few hours. It always did....

Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 10:57:54 pm »

[OOC:]

Carl Hammond.. He's a complicated man and no-one understands him but his woo-maaan..

Sorry, couldn't resist.

[/OOC:]

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length