Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 09:46:58 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Guardsman Duties - The Not So Jolly Sailor [COMPLETE]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Guardsman Duties - The Not So Jolly Sailor [COMPLETE]  (Read 1895 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 28, 2007, 08:49:33 am »

Guardsman Duties - The Not So Jolly Sailor

It has long been rumoured that the ghosts of Cove's lost fleet roam the town's docks at night. Our fair citizen's will nay go near the place after dark.

With at least 2 other guardsman patrol Cove town after dark and report anything out of the ordinary. Do the shades of lost sailors haunt the docks, is it a cover for smugglers or just an old fishwife's tale?

Conditions.

This duty must be completed by either a Guardsman Recruit or Watchman.
Patrol Cove town.
At least 3 guardsmen (including the leader) must attend to this duty.
The following locations must be checked and sketched in your report - Docks, Bank, Lighthouse & City Walls.
This patrol MUST be done at night. (dark nights enabled - torches / lanterns - no nightsight)
Pin a notice on the events board to encourage your fellow guardsmen to attend.
Post a full report below.

Notes: Guardsman Duties are storyline driven missions that are interlinked with important Promotional Requirements, making the general grind of completing ten Hunts, or ten Patrols etc. a lot more interesting by livening up these tasks with a bit of intrigue and story.

Please sign below if you wish to lead this duty.

Good luck guardsmen.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Corporal.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 06:15:17 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Maldraedior
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 11:51:29 am »

I wish to lead this duty, sir Raiden.

-signed
Watchman Maldraedior.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 12:19:17 pm »

Rather ye than me Watchman *coughs* I mean get on with it!

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Corporal.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 06:11:45 pm »

*A rather ragged looking pigeon collapses on the barracks steps. Raiden carefully cupped the bird in his hand and retrieved the message clipped to it's foot.*

Ahh! I've been waiting for this!

From Watchman Maldraedior,

Dear Sir,

Sorreh for the lateness of my report my my travels have taken my far from Cove.

Please find below a report of the Guardsman Duty I undertook some time ago.

*signed*

Maldraedior, Watchman.

Attended by:
Maldraedior (leading)
Hoagie
Jack Sinist
Flina Trix
Tyrael Styx
Perrin
Zoie Hayden
*There is a tear in the paper*
Please sign below if you also attended...

As ordered Sir, I gathered a patrol together for a night-time patrol of the town. First of all we checked the gates and city wall before moving onto the docks to check for any smuggling activity... But what we encountered there few words can describe...

We encountered what appeared to be a 'Ghost Sailor' who claimed that all Covian vessels were doomed and kept moaning the word...Grreeeyyyyyssssstooooone...?

After we were spooked *coughs* had secured the docks we headed to the bank to make sure all was well there before heading through the fields to the lighthouse.

Some of the party were visibly shaken by what they had seen this night... But at least the town was safe from harm.

Duty complete we headed back to barracks for bed... Though I doubt many slept that night.

*signed*

Maldraedior, Watchman.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length