Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:32:19 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Covian Compassion [Report]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Covian Compassion [Report]  (Read 3025 times)
Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2007, 04:43:11 am »

Guardsmen attending:

Jakob D'Stoke, Guardsman Recruit
Perrin, Watchman
Celuvian Happ, Watchman
Tyrael Styx, Watchman
Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
Vince Valentine, Grenadier Sergeant (Leading)

The shrine of compassion. Closest shrine to our fine town, and a prime destination for the religious types. Something was afoot there though, reports of outlandish creatures lurking nearby in fearsome numbers. This was a job for Cove....

Assembling the men at the barracks, I briefed them about the situation. Of course, it could all be nonsense, but but better safe than sorry I say! We began our march, our destination, Altmere. We would assemble there and work out our tactics, before heading into the fray. I asked Hoagie to take point, being mounted and all, to give us forewarning of any beasts ahead. Heading along the well trodden road, Hoagie's horse suddenly reared backwards, almost flinging him from the saddle! Seems he'd sensed something ahead, and it wasn't long before we found out what...

OGRE!!!

An ogre, bigger than any I've ever seen, and I've seen alot of ogres, crashed through the trees with tremendous strength. We readied ourselves, and took formation. The battle was long and tiring, but soon were standing next to it's still warm corpse.
We proceeded further along the road, the shrine itself not far off at all....

The thick trees gave us a cornered feeling, we knew quite well that any manner of evildoer could burst through the woodland at any moment. Our fears were realised quickly, with a huge group of Ogre lords, Acid elementals, various ore elementals and errr...lizardmen charging us from seemingly nowhere!

Cripes!

Some of the guardsmen, myself included, were overwhelmed by the sheer number of beasts attacking, but we stood our ground and were soon pushing them back. We managed to beat about half of the force into a retreat, with them dashing off south. Then, when we'd finished slaying the remaining group, we went back to kill them! Hoorah! Our victory was to be short lived though...
As soon as we'd entered the desert, it was clear that the main force lay in wait in the sandy dunes surrounding Compassion shrine. We proceeded with caution, taking down all that we had to with Covian swagger, and a simple dazzling display of teamwork. As soon as one of our men was so much as scratched, they were bandaged or magically healed within seconds. The way it should be *Nods firmly*

We'd managed to thin out their forces enough to break through, and arrived at the shrine itself. It was a pitiful sight, seemingly corrupt. As we prayed, it seemed that not even the divine powers of compassion are immune to the enemy presence, and we were ambushed where we stood!

Sneaky swines!

Nothing our men in black couldn't handle though, and without even needing orders, they were formed on me and taking down the threat.
What foul evils have corrupted the shrine of compassion? Will it ever be a peaceful shirine of self reflection again? These questions I cannot answer, but rest assured, Cove shall not rest until peace has returned to the desert shrine of compassion!

It seems Covian training is indeed paying off, as the healing and order following was flawless throughout this trip. The nastiest of beasts were felled, there were minimal casualties, and all attending guardsmen showed Covian swagger throughout. Good job men, bloody fine work indeed.

*Signed*
    Vince Valentine
 Grenadier Sergeant

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 06:17:04 am »

One of the best and most fun Hunts Ive had the magnificent honor of attending. *smiles*
Tyrael
Diciplined Soldier
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

The Baron's Own

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 07:24:39 am »

I'm glad to know that it looks like we have some promising looking soldiers that are about to be noticed in battle.

*~Signed~*
     Tyrael Styx,
            Watchman
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 07:36:58 am »

Har!

Led the precision and reported with swagger.

'Tis the Grenadier way.

Well done.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Corporal.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length