Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 07:36:17 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Mela's Scout Tower, Resource gathering evening!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mela's Scout Tower, Resource gathering evening!  (Read 2303 times)
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2007, 06:07:11 pm »

Stick reports below

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 06:07:48 pm »

Yes sir, yes sir, Three bags full.

*A report submitted in triplicate, two-hole punched, stamped, dated, signed, and laced with a Covian ribbon.*

A Report of a mission to confiscate Yewish wool.
By Jakob D'Stoke, Guardsman Recruit.

Mela ordered us to get wool so Dragoon Sergeant Hoagie led a mission to gather wool. Senior Guardsman Demarian Tel'var and myself were attached to this resource gathering detail. Because Yew has several large sheep pens, it was thought convenient to confiscate the Yewish wool.

Sergeant Hoagie gave the command to force march to the moongate. I ran as fast as I could for the gate, which is pretty fast. I can outrun a hungry paragon mongbat most of the time. But, I was the last to arrive at the moongate. I am convinced the others may be using a trick to arrive there so quickly.

We made our way into the Yew farmlands under the cover of night. Sgt. Hoagie ordered us to be sneaky about it, so we went quietly and lit no torch or lamp. Fortunately, we found the sheep pen unguarded. Unfortunately, the sheep had already been sheared when we arrived. It took some time to locate some unsheared ones, but eventually we filled our sacks with Yewish wool and returned to the barracks

Copied  for Jakob

Mercy
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 06:32:57 pm »

John Dell and I were given the job of chopping wood.  Taking up our hatchets we headed south into the forest.  I am not so accustomed to chopping wood but John seemed to do very well so I sat watching him for a time and found myself drifting off to sleep.  When I woke John seemed very alarmed and spoke about naked men running through the woods.  I noted it had become very dark so cast a sighting spell on him.  Little known to me was he had a terrible reaction to spells and started having fits of sneezing.  Not knowing what to do I picked up the logs and took them to the barracks, then looked around for some water but couldn't find any.   Eventually he seemed to get over the ordeal and managed to chop some more wood which I took to the barracks.  We gathered around 200 logs.

Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 07:48:27 pm »

Gathering mission

Ordered by: Mela Arkay
Done by: Junior Guardsman Tyrael Styx
               Watchman Zoie Hayden

At the same time that Jakob and Sir Hoagie were playing shepherd, Junior Tyrael and myself were ordered by Mela to collect as many feathers as we could carry. So naturally we headed to Covetous where thousands of harpies nest. The oversized chickens were, of course, no match for us and we must have killed 50 of them in order to fill our packs with feathers.

We even spotted and slew a few harpies that were made of stone! They were a little bit more challenging on account of their hard skin, but still no problem for us. We managed to deliver back to the barracks a substantial stack of feathers to go along with everything else that was collected that evening.

*Signed*
Zoie Hayden
Watchman

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 11:43:47 am »

Meanwhile back at the barracks....

"Hah! Thats hilarious! Oh you do crack me up, pass me an ale Raiden" Mela said while chuckling heartily.

"Gladly!" Raiden pushed over a the slightly warmed bottle of ale and nodded.

"So have you seen Vince recently? Kelly was asking.." Mela asked leaning in slightly. Raiden suddenly looked quite nervous and his eyes shifted uneasily.

"Err.. well, hes on a special Grenadier mission." he finally said seeming a little unsure.

"Oh, hush hush sort of thing. I get it." Mela replied while taking a swig of her warm ale, winacing briefly Raiden continued..

"He should have sent word a day or so ago.." he looked and sounded nervous..Mela pondered a moment swirling the warm ale around in her mouth..

"Probably the pigeon got lost.. Happens all the time when I send my Scouts on missions." she set the bottle back down on the table and folded her arms loosly.

"Aye your probably right.." he replied seeming a bit better..

"ALLLEEEE!" John screeched as he bolted into a near by stool. Mercy looked a little tired, perhaps from baby sitting John - Damn dimwit!

"Don't drink all mah ale!!" he salvaged as many unopened bottles as he could and sat at the end of the table drinking happily..

"Hmmm best blow the horn.." Mela said while rubbing her chin

As all the men lined up Mela thanked them, offering Pie and ale (or what was left of it) before saluting and returning to the shadows..

(OOC: Isn't -exactly- what happened but its mostly accurate.. sorry for doing such a bad impression of your chars  Grin)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length