Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 01:08:52 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Patrol to Altmere
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Patrol to Altmere  (Read 1271 times)
Jakob Stoke
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

I am not a marsupial.

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2007, 04:21:53 pm »

*A report submitted in triplicate, two-hole punched, stamped, dated, signed, and laced with a Covian ribbon.*

A Report of a patrol to the Altmere Outpost.
By Jakob D'Stoke, Guardsman Recruit.

This patrol was called for and led by Watchman Zoie Hayden, and attended by Guardsman Recruit Talos and myself.

From the barracks we headed in the direction of the Altmere Outpost to check for bandits and to secure the road for travelers. The way over there was practically uneventful with the exception of a headless naked humanoid thing attacking us. We dispatched it easily since, after all, it lacks a head.

I remember hearing stories of a village cursed by a wytch so that the people in it had no heads. Ever since these villagers have been wandering the lands searching for someone else's head to take as their own.

We arrived at the outpost and all was quiet. No sign of brigands or vagrants. Talos told us his brother had a house very near to the outpost so we went to have a look at it. Zoie thought it might serve as a lookout post. The house was built of dark bricks and had a foreboding decor to it. Talos explained that it belonged to his brother, a wizard of some sort. Wytches are eccentric people, to say the least.

On our way back, as we walked by the shore, a rather large sea serpent lunged at me and took me by the leg. I jabbed at it as best as I could, but if it had not been for Zoie and Talos I would have been dragged off into the sea and devoured. Zoie commented that she had never seen a sea serpent come out of the water and attack in that manner. She said that I must taste good.

El obispo de Constantinopla se quiere desconstantinopolizar. El desconstantinopolizador que le desconstantinopolice Buen desconstantinopolizador será!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length