Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:11:24 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Recovering Ale for Cove
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recovering Ale for Cove  (Read 2618 times)
Jakob Stoke
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

I am not a marsupial.

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2007, 05:47:31 pm »

*Report filled out in triplicate, two hole punched, signed and stamped.*

Mission to recover lost ale.
Leader: Watchman Jakob D'Stoke
Attending: Guardsman Recruit Sadi
Mission Type: Local Patrol/Black Ops

Senior Guardsman Erik Arkay informed us that the Goblin was completely out of ale. This was a tragedy of monumental proportion! It was believed that the Swaggers Inn in Vesper must have made off with out ale. Showing his superior leadership and wisdom, Arkay ordered me to lead a surreptitious mission to Vesper to bring back our ale.

I came up with the bright idea that we would disguise ourselves as porters with orders from Baron Olk Samsca to deliver a crate of ale from the Swaggers to the Vesper City Hall. Of course, the crate of ale would only come to the Goblin to quench Covian thirst. We forged a document for this purpose, and we put on some civilian clothing and made our way to the Swaggers.

We arrived to the Swaggers and found only one barkeep there. I presented the forged order and the barkeep gave it a close look. He questioned that there was no official stamp, but I explained that it was there, just covered by some smudge. But of all the bad luck in the world, just as we were telling this barkeep that it was Baron Olk that needed this crate of ale, in comes Baron Olk himself! Before Olk was able to deny our plot, we legged it out of Vesper.

Having been foiled, Recruit Sadi devised a second plan. We would disguise ourselves with hooded monk robes and pretend to be monks requesting a crate of ale for the monastery. I had no idea that Vesper was such a horrid city! When we arrived disguised as monks, the Vesperian Baron ordered us thrown out of the Swaggers exclaiming that they would not suffer any servants of the virtues.

Our third plan was to walk in as ourselves and say that Captain Davion ordered a crate of ale for Cove to promote closer ties with our Baronship. The rude Vesperians would hear nothing of it. Truly, Vesper is a horrid, godless, stingy city.

I dismissed Recruit Sadi and went to Minoc and bought a case of ale out of my own pocket.

El obispo de Constantinopla se quiere desconstantinopolizar. El desconstantinopolizador que le desconstantinopolice Buen desconstantinopolizador será!
Farfar
Danger to Sobreity
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Cuddly little drunkard.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 07:27:43 pm »

Theres beer in Cove yet again, im relieved.

[Great report  Smiley]

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 10:31:10 pm »

[ Grand adventure and grand report indeed!]

Kramon
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 07:31:18 am »

[I had so much fun reading this adventure!]
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 08:02:41 am »

Good work guardsmen... Try, try and try again I say!

Damn Vesperians can't even give their ale away eh?! *Grins*

At least ye brought back some good stuff!

*Takes a swig*

Har!

*Signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Corporal.

[ooc]Great report, keep it up[/ooc]

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 11:03:45 am »

Vesperian ale is made from sea water anyway! *Blech!*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length