Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 01:01:38 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  (COMPLETED) ~*~Apprentice Task~*~ Marcus
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: (COMPLETED) ~*~Apprentice Task~*~ Marcus  (Read 2487 times)
Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2007, 10:51:41 am »

Marcus! Aspiring Grenadier, You have assured me that you will work hard as my apprentice, so  I have a  task for you...

Lead a hunt into the depths of the dungeon despise, seek out a Large Ogre Lord.  Slay it, using various tactics, then cut out it's heart.  Return to Cove with the heart (required for research) and no less than 10,000gp (watchman requirements).

OOC Requirements:-

* At least 3 other guardsmen must accompany you.
* Return with no less than 10,000gp and "a heart blackened by despise" (if the large ogres no     
   longer spawn, role play cutting the heart from an ogre lord).
* Post a detailed report of this task below.

Good luck my Apprentice!

*Signed*

Eve, Officer Cadet

[ooc]The task is optional, but it will help you towards your requirements.[/ooc]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 09:28:52 pm by Eve » Logged
Marcus / Straeban
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 11:24:00 am »

I will see it done Ma'am, It is a big task but none the less it has to be done.

Signed Watchman: Marcus.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 12:58:06 pm by Marcus » Logged

Marcus / Straeban
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 02:51:08 pm »

The hunt for the Heart of the Ogre

Led by: Watchman: Marcus

Addented by:Dragoon Sergeant: Hoagie
                     Regular Guardsman: John Dell (Who left)
                     Guardsman Recruit: Sean Greyson

I Gathered some men and lined them up at the Barracks where I then filled them in on what it was we had to do. We had waited to see if any more would show up, but no one else did so we headed out. I put my magical traveling book down and ordered them to go to Despise. Once there they lined up and we then armed up fer the fight.

On our way in there wasn't much in our way till we got deeper into the Dungeon. Them giant two headed Ettens was quite easy to bring down. The old saying goes "The bigger they come, The biger they fall"

We headed down the next level of the dungeon Were we seen nay to much except a few Trolls which posted no threat. We then found the Ogres and went to work quickly.

While at the same time killing the ogres and looking for the strongest one of them I came to the conclusion that they are all strong. But none the less the search went on. Every Ogre we took down made the Coin collection that much closer to filling my watchman duties.

We came up onto a Bridge and I move in to get a closer look when this really big ogre came up after me. I ran back to the other two and we took our stand there at the begining of the bridge. The fight was intence and the healing was faster, Hit for hit we stood up to this thing and the strength of it told me that he was indeed the Strongest of them all.

After finally knocking it I took out my knife which seemed heavy after a big fight like we just had, but none the less I had a task to complete. I cut out his heart.

After retreaving the heart and seeing that we had the coins to complete part of my watchman tasks we then headed back to Cove. Once there we dropped all the coins for the final count.

I then dissmissed them and asked Sergeant Hoagie if he would put the coins in the Coffer, and I then took the heart to store it in a dark damp place.

Signed Watchman: Marcus

Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 09:10:35 pm »

Well done my apprentice.

You have proved without a doubt that you have the heart of a grenadier and the strength of one.

*signed*

Eve, Officer Cadet
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 09:23:50 pm »

Indeed, well done Marcus.

*Signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length