Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 05:01:21 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Grenadier Trial: Arma Renox
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grenadier Trial: Arma Renox  (Read 2435 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 28, 2007, 11:31:37 am »

Grenadier Trial: Arma Renox

*Raiden sat in the Grenadier HQ and read over the latest application to join the Baron's Own.*

Arma eh? Name rings a bell... Sorta. Hmmm... Been away from Cove for a while has he? Well the rest musta done him good! Didn't he used to be a Dragoon?

*Shakes head dismissively*

Let's see if he has what it takes then!

Greetings Junior Renox, Here are your trials!

Task One.

To test your leadership abilities, ability to fight, not to mention filling the Grenadier stores you will lead a series of hunts as follows:

Lead an expedition to the Harpy nest in Ilshenar and do battle with the bird women there. Return with at least 3,000 feathers plucked from their corpses plus all the loot you can carry.

At least 5 other guardsmen must accompany you.
Collect no fewer than 3,000 feathers.
Have the feathers put into the Grenadier stores for use by the squads archers.
Share the loot between the men and the coffers.

Lead an expedition to the ant caves. Slay the ant lions there and loot the bronze ore they hoard so that it may be used to Create the famed Grenadier arms.

At least 5 other guardsmen must accompany you.
Collect what bronze ore ye can.

Lead a hunt into the orc caves. Fight your way deep inside and slay the Orc brutes for their shadow iron ore which will be used to create the legendary Grenadier heater shields.

At least 5 other guardsmen must accompany you on this mission, take a smith along with you too to smelt the ore at the orc's own forge as you go along ha!
Collect 1,000 Shadow Iron ingots and put half in the army stores and half in the Grenadier stores.

Task Two.

Instill some discipline in the ranks by leading a wilderness training session! Take the men off and put them through a gruelling training session under harsh conditions. Whether they train in the snow, desert, swamps or mountains is up to you as is the content of the training session but be sure to end your training with a last man standing.

At least 6 other guardsmen must attend the training session.
The session must last for at least 30 mins.
End the training with a last man standing.

Task Three.

Of course if you survive your trials and become a Grenadier we'll need some fresh meat in the regular ranks. Lead a recruitment drive to New Haven, Britain and Luna. Set up a small recruitment stall at each location, place banners and hand out recruitment books. Take only Grenadiers and your fellow aspiring Grenadiers on this task so that you may get acquainted with the brotherhood after your time away from Cove.

Hold a recruitment stall for at least 15 minutes in each town.
Place banners and hand out recruitment literature to spread the Baronships good word and in particular spread the good name of the Baron's Own Grenadiers.
At least 4 other Grenadiers/aspiring Grenadiers must join you in this task.

Task Four.

When all the other tasks are complete, seek out the Baron himself and swear your allegiance to him and your fellow Grenadiers.

Post full reports with drawings of each task as you do them below.

Good luck Junior!

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 08:12:34 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 11:37:49 am »

I'll begin at once sir!

Signed,

Arma Renox

Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 04:30:29 pm »

28th June, 2007 - 03:30pm GMT

Attending:

Arma Renox, Junior Guardsman (Leading)
Demarian Tel'var, Senior Guardsman
Jack Sinist, Regular Guardsman
Arel Mortan, Watchman
Dimman, Recruit
Darenenth, Recruit

Followin' the orders set me in my Grenadier trials, I assembled a group of guardsmen at the barracks in order to travel to the Harpy Nest in Ilshenar, slay the beasts and retrieve their feathers.

Upon arriving in Ilshenar, Senior Tel'var needed a little stop fer breath... So for some light amusement and the purposes of advancing their battle skills, I pitted the recruits against each other while we waited!

Followed by a quick quiz, as we waited further still...

Eventually we made our way from the moongate toward the nest. Poor Jack Sinist ran afoul of some pixies along the way, who seemed to take a firm dislike to him for some reason...

We arrived at the nest and immediately began slaying the harpies, and I reminded everyone of our purpose there... Quite often...

Once we could no longer wade our way through the rotting bodies, and had stripped all feathers in sight, we made our way back to the barracks, splitting the load between us all.

We gathered 4,130 feathers in total, and after paying each of the group a fair sum for their supplies, 14,630 gold pieces for the coffers.

Signed,

Arma Renox

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 10:21:01 pm »

A fine start Junior, keep it up!

*Signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

userjosh5368
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 08:59:23 am »

Me need to dtop for a breather..? Are you blind pony tail man, i clearly was reading a message bah!

Sleep rest who need it?!

Anyhow fine report, best tell them lot to heal you next time cause i had to all the bloodi time!

Signed
Demarian Tel'var
userjosh5368
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 03:04:59 pm »

Guess we can scrap this then eh? Good luck my Apprentice as new squad leader of the Navy! Make me proud! and yes you still can learn few things from me!

Signed
Demarian Tel'var Senior Grenadier
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length